PERFECT

serenity "renny" rivera

may 30, 2017

"so leave him alone." he said blankly, which made me sigh.

i felt my breathing continue to shake, while my body went along and began trembling, though barely enough to notice. "it's not that simple."

i shut my eyes, the hairs on my skin standing and goosebumps forming as a chill ran up my spine and i shuddered, and his eyes watched my trembling body as he spoke. "why not?"

"because.." i began, but barely lasted a second past the word before i burst into tears and began sobbing, with my head in my hands, which earned a hum from jahseh before he sat beside me once again.

"i hate that every time i see you it has to be like this." he responded, lifting his arm to wrap around me, though it earned a flinch that made him pause.

"hope?"

i glanced up at him, my body heaving with my short breaths of upset, granting him permission to carry on with whatever he wanted to say.

"has robb ever hit you? or renny?" he asked, making me only respond by beginning to sob once more, much harder and louder, which made him jump in alarm.

he wrapped his arms around me, staying silent while i just cried, for an amount of time that i wasn't even able to measure in the midst of my sobs and cries, until i finally quieted within time and lifted my head to look at him.

just at my movement, he looked at me, and we locked eyes before i nodded my head and quietly spoke. "he hits ren a lot."

i heard her yelling at me, mostly for telling business that wasn't mine to tell, but i couldn't keep it in, especially not with jahseh.

"does she do anything?"

i nodded my head, sniffling before i spoke. "she hits him, too. they just fight, like it's nothing."

he was quiet for a while, gently rubbing my arm while i watched, observing how his hands were so big, yet they were perfect for holding and caressing me, and his steady breathing was more powerful than my soft breaths, but it perfect to feel with my head against his chest.

it was the little things, with him.

"why don't you just cut him off?" he asked, though he seemed to doubt his own words, and i let out a sigh before i spoke.

"i'm not the one in control, serenity is."

he hummed in response, before asking another question. "do you know how she feels about him?"

i looked up at him, and despite ren and serenity telling me to stay quiet and not share business that wasn't mine to tell, i nodded, while staring at the tattoos on his face.

"she hates him. we all do."

he clenched his jaw, before he let out a breath of resignation and nodded. "i can't say i don't understand or keep asking why you don't just leave when i know exactly what you're going through,"

his words made me furrow my eyebrows as i watched his face seem to drop with every second. "i know what it feels like to hate them, but not be able to let them go because something about them makes you feel comfortable, or you're too attached."

i almost flinched just at his words, and they made my eyes water all over again, because he read me like an open book, as if i was a bible and he was a reverend, with ease.

"you're a witch." i said, giving a weak laugh and smile as i spoke, and he chuckled before pulling me in, by the waist, closer.

he didn't stop, however, until i was on his lap, though i didn't resist or fight it, but rather relaxed into it and laid my head on his shoulder, my face in the crook of his neck, against his "remember to remember" tattoo.

"it gets better- well actually it gets worse but that's what wakes you up and makes you leave, and when you leave it gets better." he reassured me, gently playing in my curls.

he played around in my hair, in a way that even i couldn't without getting my own fingers trapped in the knots and curls, yet he did it effortlessly, as if he was made to do this, scripted to work with my body in every way that would be perfect.

"x?" i called out quietly, in a whisper as i wrapped my arms around his neck and shut my eyes.

"jah." he corrected, making me nod before letting a hand fall to his bare chest and just press against it, feeling his steady heartbeat with my small hand.

i watched my brown skin test above his light, caramel colored skin, and i was quiet for a moment as i took in the feeling of his thin yet muscular body, and kept my eyes closed while blindly absorbing the vibes and energy that he radiated in the moment, that made me relax even more into his hold.

i inhaled quietly, a small smile curving my lips due to the fact that he smelled like steak, which told me he'd ate some recently, before i opened my eyes and sat up, putting his face into my hands and staring deep into his brown eyes.

yet this time, they weren't as cold and dark as usual, or at all, just soft and warm, full of emotions and that i couldn't read, because i'd never seen them before.

i almost got lost in his eyes before remembering i had something to say, and i glanced down at his lips before quickly placing a peck on them and speaking gently, keeping the same whisper.

"you're perfect."

he looked away, almost seeming nervous, and pulled one of the blond dreads on his head before he spoke. "i'm nowhere near perfect, ma."

"you are." i said firmly, locking eyes with him again, which made him bite his lip before he spoke.

"if i am, you are too."

i only chuckled a bit, putting my head back down on his shoulder and shutting my eyes. "i feel so stupid, i don't want him, i don't even know why i ever gave it up for him."

he didn't speak, but gently massaged my head and played in my curls before he spoke.

"don't stress it too much. you'll get done with him soon. and whenever you do, i'll be here."

~
ugh