ACHE

serenity "renny" rivera

april 2, 2017

i opened my eyes to find myself laying on a couch, alone, in the large den of the house, and as i lifted myself up i groaned at the pain striking my entire body, though i still sat myself up and looked around, confused as ever.

i took a deep breath, wincing at the pain that was centered at my ribs, though my arms ached too, and i stood up, sighing as i made my way out and tried to figure out where exactly i was in this big house.

i glanced around for a recognizable surrounding, though i couldn't find one, and i mentally damned myself for not figuring out the entire home when i first got here, because in a moment like this, i was now entirely lost.

the house was quiet, for the first time since i'd arrived, and this was no help, because i couldn't move in the direction of noise since there was none, and instead was left to aimlessly wander.

there were only two possible results that'd come from my wandering, i'd either find a familiar surrounding and take it from there, or get lost and likely just remain lost until i starve to death and die, unknown to everyone else.

both results i was fine with.

i wrapped my arms around my ribs, which felt as if i'd been crushed beneath a truck, as i wandered around, before finding myself in a dim hallway with walls full of framed photos, and naturally i let my curiosity get the best of me, and began looking at them intently.

i came to the realization that the pictures were all of x, and seemed to be of him and his family, some of them going back to when he was a small child and even an infant, to christmas photos with him at s young age alongside other people.

eventually, i reached the end of the hallway, and was faced with a wall, so i sighed before turning around and walking out the hall silently, once again resuming my quest to getting through this maze of a house, when i heard voices.

"nigga the fuck you mean she gone?" one voice spoke, sounding slightly panicked and slightly confused.

the next voice spoke flatly. "exactly what the fuck i said nigga what else i'm supposed to mean?"

"where the fuck she go?" the first voice said, which earned a sigh from someone.

"vro don't you think if i knew i wouldn't have said 'oh shit she's gone'?"

the first voice went again, laughing as they spoke. "you made her pass out and you made her run away? in like two hours? woww."

now, a deeper and more raspy voice spoke, that i immediately identified as being x's. "on god i didn't make her pass out."

"vro, you was squeezing the life out of her till she passed out, fuck you mean?"

"aight shut the fuck up and just help me find her." x said frustratedly, earning silence from all the voices.

i leaned against the wall beside me, trying to mentally navigate where their voices had been coming from and figure out who the other voices were, though i couldn't, until i heard their voices again, but becoming lower with distance, and i sighed.

quite honestly, i enjoyed the idea of them not knowing where i was, and i followed the direction their voices had been, passing the den in the opposite direction i'd left it in, and mentally facepalmed at the sight of the living room and the large house as i knew it, ahead of me.

i glanced up, seeing the door to my room open and hearing their voices inside the room, and then calmly walked into the kitchen, where they'd placed bags full of chinese food on the counter, and i sat at the island, though i had no appetite, so this was food x didn't have to worry about me eating.

i heard the voices get louder and move lower, letting me know they were heading back downstairs, and their distressed arguing continued, making me scoff and put my head down, before hearing them walk right into the kitchen and then silence.

"found her." i heard a voice that i was now able to identify as being ski's speak, and then i heard a noise that seemed to resemble someone slapping something, followed with an 'ow'.

"renny?" ski said, to which i hummed in response, feeling my head begin to ache slightly.

i could hear movement around me, before i lifted my head up, only for the top of my head to bang against something, and then a cry of pain to erupt from above me, to which i rubbed my now-sore head and looked up at the lightskinned, curly haired boy who was rubbing his chin.

i glanced around at everyone, before i finally looked in x's direction, while he stared at me with an indescribable look on his face, and i simply turned my head away and then put it back down as it was before, before hearing footsteps walk out of the room, and a sigh.

"listen, i promise i care but i can't care enough when i'm hungry so i'm finna eat." i heard ski speak, before i heard the ruffling of a bag and his footsteps leaving the room, alongside more ruffling and the third set of footsteps leaving, too.

i was left alone, which i favored, though i didn't want to stay in here, and i stood up, groaning at my head that was both aching internally and sore from colliding with someones chin, and on top of that, the pain in my ribs and arms.

i walked out of the room, and went up and to my room, just in time to hear the front door open and a mix of loud voices grow louder and louder, as the rest of the boys that'd left the house returned from wherever they'd went, too.

i opened the door to my room, though i'd directed my focus to my left bicep, which i could tell was definitely bruising even though my skin was too melanated to show it just yet, and i sighed in confusion, only to have a hand grip my wrist and drag me into the room, before shoving me down onto the bed, then speaking.

"listen, you crazy bitch."

~
tssss