PLACE

serenity "renny" rivera

june 2, 2017

"move." i mumbled as i stood behind robb, who glanced at me from over his shoulder and smacked his lips.

"and if i don't?"

i stared at him for a moment before i blinked slowly and spoke. "you always wanna piss me off for no reason, just fucking move."

he let out a dramatic sigh, stepping out of my way as he spoke. "here you go bitching again, like always."

i stared at him blankly, though i didn't respond, because i knew i'd likely hit him where it hurts and make a bigger scene than necessary, being that there were others in the room right now.

"come on, vro, don't be calling my cousin a bitch." isaiah spoke up, rising from where he was seated at the island beside jahseh, who was just watching quietly.

robb sighed, and i could feel his eyes on me as he spoke. "i said she's bitching, not a bitch."

"i'm always bitching but you still fuck me every other day, clearly it ain't that bad." i snapped, which garnered the attention of everyone in the room, even those who weren't listening because they were used to robb and i arguing.

the room had gone quiet, and isaiah stared at me intently for a moment, as if he was trying to figure out if he was only hearing things, before he spoke. "what was that, renny?"

"and i- oop." ski said, pulling the straw of his drink to his mouth and beginning to sip from it.

i rolled my eyes, while robb began laughing as if anything was funny. "see, you told on yourself."

isaiah turned to him, giving him a look before he spoke. "nigga why're you fucking my little cousin? you supposed to be my brother."

robb shrugged, not even caring for any of the heat, and waking out of the room unfazed, which left all the spotlight on me, making me roll my eyes and huff, before walking out too, though isaiah followed close behind.

he hadn't even reached out to touch me before i turned around and faced him, crossing my arms. "you're not gonna leave me alone?"

"no, serenity what the fuck? how many times have you-"

i interjected before he could go on. "isaiah i'm 18, a whole adult, you can't dictate what i do."

"i don't give a fuck, you could be 25 and i'd still be on your ass, bruh. the point is, you not supposed to be fucking on my bro and i told you this." he shouted, making me sigh and lean on the wall boredly.

"so what do you want me to do? i can't unfuck him." i replied dryly, raising an eyebrow at him, and i knew i was working his nerves.

he shut his eyes, taking a deep breath before looking down at me and biting his lip in frustration. "serenity."

"what do you want from me? you want me to apologize?" i asked, looking at him defeatedly, which made him facepalm and huff loudly.

"do you not understand that now i have to choose between my cousin and my bro?" he asked, making me stare up at him, before i spoke.

"you don't have to choose shit," i said, as i dropped my crossed arms and gave him my default, blank look.

"and if you wanna choose, choose him. i don't care."

i turned around and walked away from him, not giving him a chance to respond, though i didn't go to my room like i usually would, but wandered my way around, trying to find the den, because i knew nobody would look for me there.

i knew i was wrong, and quite honestly i knew i was going to end up getting caught or exposed for my relations with robb sooner or later, but it was bad enough that i had to deal with all the shit robb threw on me, let alone with anyone else bugging me about him.

i found the den quite easily, to my surprise, and wandered into the large, empty room, taking a moment to survey it and pay attention to everything inside of it, because the only other time i'd been in here, i hadn't.

i sat on the couch, exhaling gently and playing with my curls until i calmed down, quietly humming a soothing melody to myself and listening to the muffled noise from the kitchen, mostly isaiah shouting.

there was a piano in the room, off in the corner, and i glanced at it for a while before i looked around the rest of the room, then sat down at the bench in front of the piano and stared down at the keys.

i let my eyes roam the keys, before my hands rested over them and started playing the piano, in a low and dark melody, before randomly beginning to sing, the lyrics coming off the top of my head.

"dead inside, spent a lot of time stuck in this head of mine, under the assumption love is dead, already.. just let me be here.."

i stopped playing and singing, exhaling gently as i stared down at the keys, before i heard a voice speak up behind me.

"it's funny, i knew you'd be here."

i chuckled, shaking my head as i turned to face jahseh. "witch."

he smirked as he approached me and leaned on the piano beside me, before speaking. "i didn't know you could sing, or play the piano."

i shrugged, fluffing out my curls and remembering everything that'd just happened minutes earlier, which made my mood instantly drop, and my head turn away from him and back over to the keys of the piano.

there was silence between us, before he extended a hand out to me, which made me look at it in confusion and place my hand in his, while he pulled me up from the seat and spoke. "you wanna get away?"

i nodded my head, not even questioning him as i got up from the seat and stood in front of him. "anywhere but here, right now."

he cracked a smile, putting an arm around my shoulder before he began to guide me out of the room with him, before he spoke.

"i got the perfect place for you."

~
ereuuucckkk