Chapter 1: The Boat Ride

Hiya thank you for reading! Btw, I'm sorry this chapter isn't very exciting but I promise it gets more exciting next chapter!

Enjoy! Xx

************************************

"I told you to let me steer!" Jack shouted to the other end of the boat.

"We all agreed that Beth would because she has been sailing before" I shouted back.

"But what she forgot to mention was that she didn't actually steer or sail the boat she was on" Jack argued. We'd been arguing for a while now and we were getting nowhere with the debate. It was the summer holidays and we had gone to cornwall to spend time together before starting our second year of college.

"Detail, details" Beth shrugged.

"Yes but these details might have been useful to know just in case we got stuck out at sea. Oh wait, we are stuck out at sea" Jack yelled.

"Calm down Jack, we'll get back to land don't worry" I reassured.

"Just let him steer so we can at least try to get home!" Beth said walking away from the steering wheel.

"Thank you" he said as he walked over to the control panel. "I don't understand how this even happened. How do you end up three miles out at sea when you don't have the engine on?"

"Because the tide is going out! Thats how" I shouted at him.

So far Danny had been quite quiet below deck so to get away from all the drama I went to check on him. I got down there and could still hear Beth and Jack arguing. I laughed to myself as I knew they'd be friends again when we got back to shore.

I peered around the door to see if Danny was sat at the table but he wasn't. Then I heard a horrible noise. Sounded like Danny was a bit seasick! I walked slowly over to the bathroom door and knocked it gently.

"Danny... you okay in there?" I said softly.

"I'm fine just a little seasick" then he threw up again.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"No I'm good. Are they still arguing?" I listened before responding.

"Seems like they've stopped fortunately"

"Good go-" He was cut off when he was sick again.

"I'll just leave you to it" I walked away grimacing and looked out the window to see that we were moving. I ran upstairs to see that Jack had got the boat going properly again and that we were heading back towards the little seaside town of St. Ives. My parents took me when I was little many times and wanted to share its delights with my friends.

I found beth had stripped off to her bikini and was lying on the deck sunbathing and reading a book. 'All The Bright Places'. I decided to join her, showing off my red and white spotty halter neck bikini. We lay there for ages and the heat was gorgeous on our already sun kissed skin.

Even though the arguing had stopped and we were well on our way back to land, I could still hear Jack mumbling to himself. The lapping of the waves up the side of the boat however were just enough to block him out.

It was a couple of hours before we got back to the harbour and the sky had just started to turn its peachy, pink colour. The boys settled up the bill for hiring out the boat for the day and caught up with us as we walked through the town to our car. Like I had predicted Beth and Jack were friends again. Everything was the way it always was, us four together. We thought no one could split us up...