Chapter 12: The Dress

That is Jess' dress up there that she gets just to let you all know! Enjoy the chapter! ❤️😘😃

***********************************

Beth had done all the planning for the party. It was to be held at her house, so I didn't have to clean up afterwards and the decorations were all black, grey and silver and stunning! I hadn't heard anything to do with the guest list other than the fact that it was massive and I would get tons of presents out of it. I decided to wear a dress that I had, had for a while. It was baby blue chiffon with one shoulder and a silver belt. My hair was in in big waves and I had some silver strappy heels on.

I arrived at Beth's about an hour before the party started and found that Tom and Danny were already there, helping do some last minute preparations. They welcomed me as I came in, Danny hugging me and Tom giving me a quick kiss.

"Oh by the way Jess, theres a present on the table waiting to be opened..." Danny said casually. I walked over to the square gift box wrapped in silver with a black organza bow. I looked at the tag stuck to the present and turned it over.

It read: 'Happy 18th Birthday Jess! Lots of Love, Jack xx'

Unaware of my actions I pulled the tag off and stuck it in my clutch. I undid the bow and ripped off the wrapping paper. I gasped when I opened the box. It was the dress I wanted but couldn't afford. It was black tulle with a satin bodice with little sparkly bits just below the waist band. Its gorgeous. I noticed Beth standing next to me. "This was you wasn't it?" I said laughing at Beth.

"Well I know you two haven't exactly been on great terms recently, but he asked what he should get you and I couldn't resist, him being rich and all!" She laughed.

"Beth he's our... friend don't say that!"

"Exactly. He's our friend! He is really sorry and wishes he hadn't said what he said. You need to forgive him Jess, he hasn't been the same since you stopped sitting with us and hanging around with all of us" she looks at me deep in my eyes.

"Is he coming tonight?" I ask hesitantly.

"I don't know" Beth said. "Danny do you know if you Jack is coming tonight?" Beth shouts up the ladder to him.

"Not sure. Said he might but wasn't sure if he was welcome" Danny shouted back.

"Ok thanks. Jess, go call him. You know you want to" Beth says.

"Ok. Thanks Beth" I hug her and run off upstairs.

"Jess forgetting something?" She said pointing at the dress. I ran back and grabbed it. I got upstairs and sat in Beth'a bedroom. I pulled out my phone and dialled Jacks number. It rang out twice and then he picked up.

"Hello?" He said his voice deep and husky.

"Jack"

"Jess. I didn't uhh know it was you"

"Thats fine, listen Jack. I'm sorry for ignoring you and not speaking to you, its just... you hurt me"

There was a pause. "Jess" it was a whisper. "I'm so so sorry" it sounded like he was crying. "I was just sorta angry because you were gonna give him a second chance and..." he sniffled. Definitely crying. "It doesn't matter but Jess I am soo soo sorry. Please say you forgive me?" At this point I was crying aswell.

"First of all stop crying. I can here you through the phone little girl!" I tease and we both laugh a little. "Secondly of course I forgive you. I love you Jack, you're one of my best friends. I can't live without you much longer"

There was a long pause at the other end of the phone. "I love you too Jess"

"Good now why aren't you coming to my party?"

"I wasn't sure if I was welcome" Jack said quietly, his breathing was heavy.

"Jack of course you are. I may have been pissed with you but I still wanted you here. You always find the best presents!" I laugh and so does he.

"Thanks. Speaking of presents... did you find mine?" He said

"Oh My God yes! Thank you Jack so much! When I saw it in the shop and I couldn't afford, there was no way I thought I would be wearing it tonight! Thank you sooo much!"

"Its ok anything for my little Jess and Beth helped. She told me what to buy and if its the wrong size blame Beth" he said quickly.

"Its fine and I'm about to put it on"

"Oh you're wearing it tonight?" Jack said

"Duhh! So you have to come to see me in your birthday present to me!" I say

"What else do I get out of it?" He says back,

"Free alcohol?"

"And..." He says

"Uumm cake, atleast I think Beth got cake"

"Okay and..." He said

"A hug?"

"And maybe a kiss aswell?" He said cheekily

"On the cheek!" I say

He sighs "Okay finneee I'll come"

"Yay! Okay see you in a bit!" I squeal.

"Okay, see you in a bit!"

"Bye"

"Bye"