Chapter 24: Mouldy Pumpkins, Frappes and Sleepovers

Beth came back from Barbados two days before New Years Eve and we all planned on going out to celebrate.

Beth being the girl she is insisted we go shopping for outfits and have a girly day in the process. I obviously didn't decline.

I picked her up from her house in the morning and started to drive to the city centre.

"Shall we listen to some music?" Beth asked while rummaging through my glove compartment.

"Yeah I have a few CDs in there" I briefly glanced over and pointed to where she was looking.

"Oo yes!" She squealed. She took the CD out of the casing and placed into the built in CD player.

The intro started to play and Beth opened her windows and blasted the volume up.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Automatically I knew the song.

'She looks so perfect by Five Seconds of Summer'

Beth started to sing a long to the lyrics and I couldn't hell but join in.

Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount to anything else

We stopped at a red light and still sung the lyrics to the song, whilst receiving some strange looks from the passengers in the cars next to us.

But look around, we work too damn hard for this just to give it up now. If you don't swim, you'll drown, but don't move, honey

We both looked at each other and then back at the road before yelling the chorus as the light turned green.

You look so perfect standing there, in my American Apparel underwear and I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art, I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down, hey!

At that point Beth started rocking out to the guitar solo and dancing in the front seat.

We continued dancing and singing to the CD while we drove; going absolutely crazy when 'Good Girls by Five seconds of summer' came on.

When we got to the city centre we went straight to our favourite clothes shop.

"So how are things with you and Tom?" Beth asked as she searched through a rack of dresses.

"Yeah we're good. You know Beth... I really like him. He's fun to be with and he's really cheeky and flirty and he's just great" a big grin spread across my face.

"I know someone else like that" Beth muttered just loud enough for me to hear.

"Really who? Maybe you should date him " I said excitedly at the prospect of Beth having a boyfriend.

"Naa, not my type. And anyway I think he has his eye on someone else" she said with a wink.

"Come on Beth who is it? And who does he like? I'll make him change his mind so he likes you!"

"Never mind but if you don't know what I'm talking about, your stupid!" Beth said shaking her head with a small laugh.

"Ahh come on Beth who is it?" I whined.

"Nope" she sung, popping the 'p'. "All I'll say is that the person... likes you. And thats the last I'll say about it until you figure it out"

I groaned. Why wouldn't she tell me who?

"Finneee" Moaning I continued looking through the dresses.

After the third shop and both of us having tried on probably the thousandth dress, we still hadn't found a dress we were crazy about. We entered another shop with not much hope on finding a dress.