Chapter 25: New Years Eve

The pictures above are the girls outfits, including the hair. Just imagine Jess' hairstyle as blonde and Beth's hairstyle as black!!

Enjoy!!

********************************

"See you when its finished" Beth shouted as we both stepped into our seperate rooms. I stepped into the small chamber and watched the door close behind me.

I took off my dressing gown and made sure my hair cap was on.

Looking at the far wall for the red light the lady described, I suddenly realised I hadn't got my googles on. Quickly I spun round and fixed them to my head before the once red, now green light started to flash. I stood in the position the woman told me to and let the machine blast me with the tanning spray.

I repeated the process until the green light flashed red again and the door slowly opened. I left the compartment and saw Beth stepping out as well.

An hour later, we were dried and sat on a sofa in our favourite salon. It was the best in town and the owner Julian, is friends with my mom, so we get everything done with a 75% discount. Can't argue with that!

We'd already washed our hair before we got tanned so that it wouldn't make the

colour run or anything. Now it was just time for the styling.

"Hello ladies" Julian called out as he walked over to us. "Mwah mwah" He bent down and gave me two air kisses before doing the same to Beth. "How are you both?"

"Great thank you Julian, how are you?" I said with a big smile.

"Oh you know, FABULOUS as always! Anyway what are you going to have done today?" He said with a big grin while clapping his hands together enthusiastically. Julian was great. He is also undoubtedly gay! I love him! And like most gay men, he has great style! Today for example he's wearing a dark maroon/pink shirt with the sleeves rolled up, with beige trousers and his hair styled in a large floppy quiff.

"Well I would like a half up do with it pushed up a bit at the front please Julian" Beth said twiddling with the bottom of her freshly trimmed hair.

"Of course Beth. Sandra!" He yelled to the back of the salon, where Sandra, a middle aged woman with a ginger perm, poked her head out. "Please can you work on Beth's hair?"

"Of course Julian. Come on sweetie" she said gesturing for her to follow her to a salon chair.

"Ok now Jess, what would you like done? Maybe a bun? Or just straight or something else?" Julian said while walking over to another salon chair with a mirror in front.

"I'm not sure J. I think I want it down though, because my dress is quite sparkly and I'm not wearing a necklace. So really my neck doesn't need to be on display"

"Ok" he said playing with strands of my hair and then running his hands through it. "Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do Julian"

"Well let me do what I think will look best as you're not sure and if you don't like it, I'll start again

I thought about it for a few seconds and realised it wasn't a bad idea. I nodded my head and Julian smiled, ear to ear. He clapped his hands a few times and skipped off through the surprisingly quiet salon.

It was half 3 on a Saturday afternoon, on New Years Eve. Usually this place was flooded with customers on a normal day, never mind the ultimate party day of the year!

When Julian came back he placed multiple different pieces of hair styling equipment on the bench next to my chair and then spun me around, away from the mirror.