Chapter 11: Party Planner

After school that day I headed to my detention with Mr Jones. I walked in and Tom wasn't there yet. What a surprise. Mr Jones handed me a worksheet and I got on with it. Eventually Tom got here and sat next to me and started on his worksheet but gave up after a couple of minutes. He wasn't a genius. We'd been there, well I'd been there for 30 minutes and I'd finished my worksheet and was waiting for the hour to be up.

"This is boring. Want to get out of here?" Tom whispered.

"We cant" I whispered back.

"Well if you could, would you come with me?" He said quietly

"I suppose so"

"Great now follow my lead" He put his hand up in the air. "Mr Jones, Jess isn't feeling too good. Shes got terrible cramps and she keeps groaning!" He looked at me and I let out a groan, going along with his crazy idea.

"What do you expect me to do about it?" Mr Jones said clearly not caring.

"Could you let us go please, its her time of the month and she tends to be really bad when she has cramps?" He shot a pleading look at Mr Jones and I blushed.

"Ok Jess you can go, Tom stay here"

"But sir, shes my girlfriend. It's my duty to look after her. Do you expect me to give up my gentlemanly ways while shes on her per..." Tom says in pretend shock and disgust.

Mr Jones cuts him short so he doesn't finish the sentence. "Okay okay, you can both go. I hope you feel better soon Miss Cooper"

I clutch my hand over my stomach and groan theatrically as we walk out the classroom, Tom gently rubbing my back. As soon as we're a safe enough distance away from the class, we burst out laughing. "Wanna get something to eat?" Tom says still clutching his sides as he finishes laughing.

"Sure" I shrug and we head over to his car. Its nice to not have to drive for a change, and be driven instead.

"Pizza hut ok with you?" Tom says.

"Oh my god yes!" He laughs and we head into town to the restaurant. I glance over the menu until I see pepperoni pizza and I'm sold. Tom had a meat lovers pizza and we chatted while we waited.

"So, I take it you want an explanation about that night huh?" Tom says and I shudder at the memory.

"That would be nice" I say.

"Well, uumm. When I saw you with that guy, I thought you were cheating on me. When you started being nice to me afterwards I just flipped because I thought 'how dare you be so two faced' but then I realised that it was most likely him throwing himself onto you. Then I panicked and walked off"

"Oh" Thats all I can manage. After a few seconds I speak again. "So where did you go?"

"I uuhh just stopped at a mates for the weekend and just... chilled" he said.

"Oh ok" then our food came and we ate in pretty much total silence, other than a few words about how tasty the food was. When we finished he payed the cheque and we went for a walk.

"Ok this is killing me. Do you forgive me or not?" Tom said.

"I'm not sure"

"Oh come on. What can I do to persuade you into giving me a second chance?" He pleaded.

"I don't know. What do you have in mind?" I say

"Roses? Every girl loves roses"

"Not me. I love white lilies with pink flecks through them" I say

"Oh fine then lilies, chocolates?"

"Of course!" I shout

"Ok, lilies, chocolate, a new pair of heels and a dress?"

"Make it an outfit and you've got yourself a deal..." I say holding my hand out like a business agreement.

"I think I can do one better than that, but it doesn't involve a handshake" he said stepping forward and licking his lips. He leans down and kisses me passionately and then says "Deal?"

"Deal!" And then we kiss again. He drops me home and then he leaves. So in the space of 24 hours I'd gone from practically hating this guys guts, to making out in the middle of a park. Crazy right?

**********************************

I'd been avoiding Jack for a week now. Beth and I hung out after school most days and Danny understand how I felt so was supportive in my decision to not hang around in out little group for the time being. Me and Tom had made up and were doing well. Jack tried to talk to me but whenever he did I just ignored him and walked away or started talking to someone else. It was strange not having him in my life, but after how he hurt me, by saying my relationship wasn't worth my time, it stung and I wanted to him to feel lost and the way I felt.

It was a Tuesday and classes were cancelled for the week because of a flood in the school, and Beth and I decided to go ice skating, just the two of us. We hadn't had a girly day in ages and decided we were long overdue one. We spent the morning skating and then went shopping in the afternoon.

"So what do you want for your birthday?" Beth said as we looked through racks of clothing.

"I don't know" I said whilst looking at the pretty clothes.

"Theres gotta be something that you want!" She says.

"Honestly I don't mind!" I say

"Uugghh your so difficult. Anyway what are you doing for your birthday?"

"Don't know, probably just a meal"

"Uh wrong! You're having a party!" She yells so half of the shop can here.

"I really can't be bothered with preparations Beth! Too much planning in such little time. It cant be done!"

"I accept your challenge. I will plan your birthday party and I shall here no arguments!" She said

"But Beth, I'm not sure I even wa..."

"Silence child. You shall have a party! And that is final" she said proudly.

"Fineee but I get final say on everything!"

"Deal!" She says. "Now outfits"...