Chapter 48: This Was Going To Be Brilliant!

Jack's been trying to contact me for a week.

It's been a week since we spoke in Starbucks. A week since I told him how I feel.

I mean he didn't hear me, but y'know as he isn't stupid, I'm sure he figured it out from what I said.

'But you don't feel the same anymore'

Anyway, to be honest I'm fed up of him trying to contact me. If I wanted to talk to him, I would've done by now.

I mean, he made his choice. He obviously doesn't love me anymore. He loves the brunette from the cafe.

I understand. He doesn't need to rub salt into the wound.

Believe me, seeing them together was painful enough.

Just then, he text me again.

God why can't he just leave me alone?

I opened it to see what he wanted- even though I had a pretty good ideas- and to try and get him to leave me in peace.

Jack: Jess give me a chance to explain. I promise it's not what you think

Me: You shouldn't make empty promises Jack

A few moments later he responded.

Jack: I swear Jess, it's not what you think

I sighed and typed my response.

Me: Honestly I don't care anymore. I would rather not hear the ins and outs of your love life.

But I do care.

I care that he's no longer in love with me.

I care that he has moved on.

Jack: Please Jess, why won't you talk to me after what you said?

Are you really that stupid? Is what I wanted to say, but I didn't.

Me: Jack, I saw you that day hugging that brunette. I saw you kiss her. It's fine. You don't feel the same anymore. I understand. Just leave me alone for a while

Then I turned my phone off. I could already feel the waterworks in my eyes springing into action.

I just don't give a shit anymore.

I was too late.

I was stupid.

I was pathetic.

I was too caught up with my pride.

I was unfair.

I am in love.

I have no hope...

Jack's POV~

Ughh, now I'm getting annoyed.

Why can't she answer a text?

Or pick up the phone?

My Mother has a saying. If a man upsets a woman, you could tell how upset or annoyed she was by the following.

If a woman was yelling at you, you were in trouble. She was upset and needed an apology, some flowers, chocolate, and a lot of affection to make her forgive you.

However, if a woman was silent, She was pissed. Mom always said silence was worse than screaming and shouting. If she wasn't talking to you, then you should be shitting your pants.

So you can understand why I'm panicking, right?

I want her to yell at me. I want her to let all her emotions out. I want her to scream at me. Because then at least I know I haven't screwed up a monumental amount.

That day in Starbucks was a stab to the gut! I can't believe she was with that guy!

It was like the 'McBusted' song 'I See Red'

'I see red, it's tearing me apart
And I wish he was dead,
I'm losing you'

And it couldn't be anymore true.

I tried texting her again. Miraculously, this time she responded.

Jess: You shouldn't make empty promises Jack

What? What empty promises? I said it's not what she thinks, and it's the truth.

Me: I swear Jess, it's not what you think

If she would just let me explain I'm sure she would forgive me.

She was really excited and happy for me when I told her I was searching for my Dad.

And that's exactly what I've done! Except this time I had a little help.

Jess: Honestly I don't care anymore. I would rather not hear the ins and outs of your love life.

Me, love life? Please, I have no love life.

I'm pretty sure being hopelessly in love with someone isn't classed as a love life.

Me: Please Jess, why won't you talk to me after what you said?

I heard the last part of what she said in Starbucks.

'But you don't feel the same anymore'

Did she honestly think I don't love her anymore. Just because I kissed a woman on the cheek?

I kiss my Grandma on the cheek! That doesn't automatically make me in love with her! That would just be gross.

I literally gagged when thinking of that.

Jess: Jack, I saw you that day hugging that brunette. I saw you kiss her. It's fine. You don't feel the same anymore. I understand. Just leave me alone for a while

She obviously does think I don't love her.

Frantically I dialled her number again.

She can't think I don't love her!

"SHE CANT!!!" I yelled angrily as it went straight to voicemail. I threw my phone onto my bed.

"She can't" I whispered.

She'd turned her phone off.

She doesn't want to speak to me.

Gosh it's been months since I had a proper conversation with her.

Fuck, I miss her!

What if I'm too late?

What if I have no shot at all?

What if she's with that Caleb guy now?

I swear I will bloody kill him!

She can't like him!

Suddenly I felt even more determined to make sure my plan work.

And I would need to start acting fast.

I grabbed my phone again and started to create a group chat on a messaging app I have.

I added, Beth, Izzy, Harriet, Ryan and Danny and started to type my message.

Me: URGENT!!! I have a plan and I need your help

This was going to be brilliant!

*******************************
A/N Hiya Guys, did you enjoy this chapter? I apologise it's not as long as usual, but at least I updated haha 😉

What do you think Jack's plan will be? I'd love to hear your ideas.

Don't forget to vote, comment and spread the word about my story.

Oh and go check out my other stories as well!

Love to you all ❤️❤️❤️

B- Xx