Chapter 29: His True Home

"Hey Jess, long time no see" he said walking over to me slowly with a smirk on his face.

"Callum?"

"Yep that's me" He said chuckling.

"Wha- what are you doing here?" I said, still frozen to my spot.

"To watch my little bro's football game. I thought that would be obvious as I'm stood here"

"Still the same aren't ya?" I mused. He chuckled and shook his head.

"What, don't I get a hug now?"

I ran the short distance between us and threw my arms around his chest. He wrapped me up in his arms and we just stood there for a few seconds. You see Callum is like a brother to me. I mean sure we may have flirted a bit when we were younger but it meant nothing to the both of us.

"So why are you back? I mean not that I'm trying to get rid of you or anything but..." I said as we pulled apart.

"Well there is something I need to tell everyone, and its kinda important. Plus I miss you all" he said.

"Oooo what is it? Tell me, tell me!" I squealed like a child. He shook his head and laughed at my immaturity. Then he acted out padlocking his lips and then throwing the key away. I harrumphed and folded my arms, pouting.

"So where is everyone else? Danny and Beth here?"

"Yeah" I nodded. "Come with me and you can see them. I was just on my way out after getting my drink, but it looks like its gone now" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"That wasn't my fault. I didn't knock it out of your hand did I? Or did I? I could be like a ghost thing" He said excitedly.

"Yeah whatever you owe me a drink anyway" He walked away and came back a few moments later holding a drink, which he then handed to me.

"There you go. Happy now?" he said taking a sip of his own drink.

"Very. Now come on" I grabbed his hand and led him out of the football ground and over to where everyone was standing. They were all talking animatedly and I had to cough to get their attention.

Beth was the first to look around, and her eyes practically popped out of her head the moment she realised who I was standing with. She nudged Danny causing him to yelp but he did the same when he saw Callum. The others weren't as bothered by the arrival of Jack's brother. Although if I think about it, they probably don't know he has a brother.

"Callum, man is that you?" Danny asked in disbelief.

"Y'alright mate. Been a while" Callum grinned.

"Ah mate its good to see ya" Danny said while pulling him into a one armed, 'bro hug'.

"Yeah you too. And Beth, looking as good as ever" He said with a smile; oblivious to the fact that her boyfriend was stood just a few feet away.

"You too Callum. What are you doing back?" she said after giving him a quick hug.

"Well I have some news, but I want to tell everyone at the same time" He said nodding to himself. "Anyway wheres my little bro?"

"He should be coming out soon" Danny said and Callum nodded. Beth explained to the others who Callum was and the confusion seemed to die down. Although his announcement of "news", intrigued me.

When Jack still hadn't made an appearance, I decided to go look for him. I walked back into the college's small football ground and headed over to their dressing room. I was about to knock when I heard their captain giving them a speech about something. I decided to wait and sat down on the floor, on the opposite wall to the door.