Chapter 52: No Strippers

"Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! I've literally been bouncing off the walls for days" Lizzie squealed.

"I'm not surprised, your wedding is only a few weeks away" I smiled. Truth is I'm just as excited about the wedding as she is. I love weddings and Callum is like a brother to me, I can't wait to see him get hitched.

"That's not what I'm excited about" she said. What? "I mean I am excited obviously, but I was talking about you and Jack" she giggled.

"Oh" I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked at my feet to try and hide it.

"Oh honey, don't be embarrassed! He's your boyfriend"

"Well..." I said.

"What do you mean, 'well'?" she raised an eyebrow.

"He hasn't actually asked me yet" I sighed sadly. Don't get me wrong, I love Jack and I'm so happy that we both finally admitted it, but I don't know what we are.

"What?!" She all but screamed. The sales woman behind the counter gave us a disapproving look before carrying on with her work.

"He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet"

"That idiot!" I giggled at her little outburst. "Even though he hasn't asked you yet, I wouldn't worry too much. He obviously loves you" she winked.

"Yeah"

"Anyway wheres Beth?" she asked.

"I think she's with Ryan. He said he'd drop her off here after whatever they were doing" she nodded.

We started to have a quick glance through the racks at the dresses when an idea hit me.

"Lizzie?"

"Yeah?" she said, still skimming through the dresses.

"Why did you ask me to be your maid of honour? I mean I'm honoured and everything but wouldn't you have wanted someone you've known longer to be it?"

She stopped looking and looked at me. "Callum means everything to me; and I know for a fact you mean a lot to him. When we first met, he always spoke about Jack and you guys. He always spoke very highly of you all. I know he was always with close with Beth as well, but he always spoke about you as if you were his little sister." She smiled at me as she paused. "I picked you because you are something special to Callum and because of that you are something special to me as well. That's why. Plus I didn't really have any close girl friends" she pulled me into a hug and we both started giggling.

A few seconds later the bell above the shop's door dinged and someone walked in.

"What did I miss?" It was Beth.

About an hour later, Beth and I were stood in adjoined dressing rooms trying on some dresses. Lizzie decided because I was the maid of honour, I needed a different dress.

Red was the colour scheme and so far we had tried on pretty much all red dresses in the shop and had no luck.

I was in the last dress I had and I was pretty sure Beth was as well. I opened up the silver velvet curtain that was separating me from the rest of the shop and stepped out. Beth was already out and twirling in front of Lizzie.

Her dress was a slightly darker shade of red than mine, knee length and made of chiffon. It had a halter neck strap and it was simple but elegant.

Mine was a floor length lace gown that was figure hugging until just my knees where it flared out ever so slightly. It had a slight sweetheart neckline and a thin band of diamante crystals around the waist.