Chapter 40: Jack's POV

Jack's POV~

I left Danny's around midnight in the end. I'd just sat down in the drivers seat when my phone started to buzz. I fished it out of my pocket and saw it was Beth ringing me.

Why was she calling me this late at night?

"Jack?" She said as soon as I put the phone to my ear.

"Beth, what's up?"

"Its Jess" I froze. My heart beat quickened at the mention of her name. "I need your help" Then I practically died. Well not literally but that's what it felt like. My mind automatically assumed the worst. Please tell me she's ok.

"W-what's wrong with Jess?" I nervously mumbled.

"She's drunk and I need your help to get her home" I let out a shaky breath; one I didn't know I was holding.

"Okay, where are you?"

"In the Old Chestnut Pub" I nodded to myself and put the key in the ignition. I could hear Jess whining in the background.

"Ok I'm on my way" I hung up and sped towards the pub they were in. This could actually be working in my favour. Danny said to do anything I can for her, and that is exactly what I'm going to do.

When I arrived, I found a parking space straight away. I locked my car and headed inside. Glancing around the small dance floor, they were nowhere to be seen. They weren't sat down or dancing, where can they be?

Oh right. The bar, of course!

I scanned the bar and saw the two of them sat there. I walked over and stood there for a few seconds before Beth noticed me. She walked over to me, offering me a small smile.

"Hey Jack, thank you for coming"

"No problem, I wasn't far anyway" She nodded. "Why is she drunk anyway?"

"She's a mess. I honestly don't understand what's gotten into her" she sighed.

"Ok" I knew the reason. Me. I upset her so much, she's practically changed into a different person. "I'll take you both home"

Beth nodded as I walked over to the hunched up figure of Jess. I scooped her up bridal style and she began thrashing around in my arms.

"Get off me Jacckkkkk" She whined.

Gently, I whispered in her ear so that only she could hear. "Sorry Jess... for everything"

She let out a snort and I smiled internally. She only did that when she was drunk. "Yeah righttt. If youuu had just told mee to start with, neeitherrr of us would be here right now" She slurred. I was right, if I had just told her she wouldn't be off her face at the minute.

"I honestly am truly sorry Jess, more than you will probably ever know" I whispered again; and it was true. I was really and truly sorry. I noticed her shiver, was she cold?

Then a little whimper escaped her perfect, plump lips. "You hurt me Jack"

"I know baby, and I didn't tell you because I thought what you didn't know, wouldn't hurt you. And I also thought that you two would be over by now. But Jess, you've got to believe me when I say I would never intentionally hurt you"

"Well it did hurt me" She said, obviously not paying attention to much of what I just said.

We'd arrived at my car and I slid her into the passenger seat, after Beth climbed into the back.

"I didn't know you could drive now"

I nodded. "Just passed my test". When I got into the drivers seat, I noticed Jess was already asleep. I smiled a small smile and then put the key into the ignition. It roared to life and I heard Beth let out a small chuckle.