Chapter 34: Confessions

"Tom?" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

"Jess?" He asks.

"What... what is this?" I whimpered. The redhead giggled and stood up, completely naked.

"You must be the girlfriend" she smirked. "At least I keep him entertained" and then she grabbed her clothes and walked into his en suite.

"She's right" Tom said, at this point he'd pulled on his boxers and had strutted over to me.

I raised an eyebrow, trying to hold back the tears.

"At least she kept me entertained. Unlike you" he smirked.

He's been cheating on me? How could I be so stupid?!

But then I realised. The signs had been showing for ages.

I remember once, we went out for a meal in a nice pub and he walked up to the bar and started flirting with a young girl next to him. At the time I just thought he was being polite, so as to not hurt her feelings. But I guess I was wrong.

I remember another time we were at a park and a group of female joggers, jogged passed and he stares after them. I just thought he was admiring their will power to exercise. God how could I be so gullible?

"How long?" I whimpered.

"I dunno. Cece when did this start?" He shouted to her.

Poking her head around the door, she answered. "It all started that night she almost got raped didn't it?" She said it so innocently it hurt.

Then it clicked. He said he'd been at "friends" that night. He was obviously with her.

"Then I didn't see her until your birthday, that was a good night. Jack found out as well" Tom nodded with a smile.

My heart stopped. Jack knew all this time?

"We're done" I said and then I turned around and left the house and heard them laughing behind me.

I refused to cry in front of him, to show him how much his words and his actions hurt me. But as soon as I was out of his house, I broke down in heavy sobs. I tried my best to keep it in so I didn't look like a complete nut-case walking down the street but I couldn't help it. I made my way to Jacks house and stood on his doorstep for a few minutes.

Eventually I rang the door bell, tears cascading down my face with vicious black blobs of mascara trailing behind.

When Jack opened the door I flung myself at him, throwing my arms around his wait and burying my head into his chest. He didn't hesitate to wrap me up in his embrace either. I needed to confront him, but not just yet. I would make him hurt.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I moved my face away partially. I sniffled and he tucked the hair covering my face behind my ears.

"It's T-Tom" I choked.

"What happened?"

"He ch-ch-cheated on me" I sobbed and I felt him stiffen. I looked up at him and saw his whole body tense. "What's wrong?" This time I asked.

"Nothing" his jaw clenched.

"Are you sure? Because from what I've heard... you knew. You knew all this fucking time didn't you?" I shouted. I looked into his eyes and he looked like he was at war with himself

"Jess..." He whispered, guilt plaguing his face but mostly his eyes.

"You knew? You knew didn't you? And don't even bother lying, because I know you did" I spat. I backed away. "You knew didn't you?"