Chapter 31: Phone Conversations... with who?

"So are you ready to go?" I asked Tom as I entered his house.

"Yeah, sure" he said, looking at his phone.

"I must admit, when I said make sure you look nice for my parents, I didn't expect this" I planted a quick kiss on his cheeks, causing him to smirk. He was wearing a white button up, with the sleeves rolled up, black chinos with the ankles rolled up an inch and a pair of all black, leather converse. His hair also was styled differently. Instead of his slightly tousled look, he had it gelled over into a comb-over style.

"Since when did I ever not look nice?"

"N-n-no thats not what i'm say-" then I stopped myself when I saw the smirk gracing his pretty face. "I hate you" muttering I turned around and tried to walk off. He slung an arm around my waist and pulled me back.

"I'm sorry cupcake, I didn't mean to tease you" He kissed the top of my head but I pushed him off. He chuckled. "Come on, we don't want to be late for me, meeting your parents, do we?" He took my hand and led me outside to my car.

"Smart arse" I muttered under my breath. I started the engine and rove to the hospital.

It was my Dad's last day in hospital today and we were going to pick him up. My Dad decided today would also be the day he met Tom.

About 25 minutes later we arrived at the hospital. We both got out the car and as he joined my side, he intertwined our fingers and smiled down at me. Here goes nothing!

"Okay we're here" I said as we came to a stop outside of my Dad's room.

"Okay" he nodded.

"One sec" I turned to face him. "Maybe I should go in first?" I suggested.

"That might be a good idea" He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

I knocked the door and let myself in, shutting it gently behind me. I saw my Dad sitting down in his arm chair, watching some sports programme on the Tv.

"Hey Dad" I said, making my way over to him.

"Hey pumpkin, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks. What about you?" I said, shooting him a smile.

"Me too. But what I'm dying to know is, where is that boyfriend of yours?" He said, raising an eyebrow. I laughed nervously, running a hand through my hair. "Well, where is he?"

"I'll be one sec. I'm going to get a drink as well, want anything?" I said.

"Nope just to meet your boyfriend" She rolled her eyed and left. I scanned around and I couldn't see Tom. I walked around a corner when I heard his voice. He was on the phone with his back facing me. I rushed back around the corner, but kept listening. Probably a family member.

"No, of course I don't love her..." He sighed. "No she means nothing to me".

I walked around the corner towards him and coughed slightly. He spun round in shock and his eyes widened when they saw me.

"Hey Jess, you okay?"

"Yeah I was just, uhh, wondering if you'd like a drink?" I said shyly.

"Umm no thanks, but tell your Dad I'll be in soon" he winked and turned back around, putting the phone back to his ear.

Gee, glad to know I'm so important!

I walked back around the corner and retook my earlier position, continuing to listen in on his conversation.

"What?... Ugghh no that was her" A pause. "I know" Who is he talking to? "See you later?" "Okay great. I can't wait to see what you are wearing" he chuckled. "Okay bye"