Chapter 13: Jacks POV

Dedicated to my best friends, FizzBombxx harrietsmithxo

They are in love with the character of Jack and the whole story; and I hope you are aswell!! Please vote and enjoy the chapter and one the ones to come

Love to you all ❤️❤️

Xx

***********************************

Jacks POV~

Today was the day of Jess' birthday party. I can't believe I've known her for 16 years, and now we're 19, and it took me 5 minutes to pretty much throw it all away. Just because... I'm... I'm jealous, okay? Beth had invited me to her party but I wasn't sure if I was welcome. She probably hated my guts, and rightly so. I'd asked Danny to take my present around to her. It was a little black dress that Beth said she liked. I had to get it for her. I needed, no... wanted to apologise to her but she's been avoiding me all week. Won't answer any of my calls, texts. Barely even looks at me in college. I had really done it this time. Of all the times I'd upset her or hurt her in anyway, had been leading up to this. The biggest mistake I could ever had made. I knew she liked Tom, just not how much. I was going to try my best to get out of their way, when it came to their relationship. Yes, I liked her, a lot, but I would rather just be friends with her than ruin the best friendship I've ever had by coming off as selfish.

I contemplated calling her to wish her a happy birthday, but I knew she wouldn't answer, so didn't bother. I just hoped that soon she would speak to me.

It was about 7 O'clock in the evening and I'd eaten the Chinese take away I'd ordered. I was becoming a cliche single person from the movies. Saturday night, alone, eating a take away for one. All I needed now was a dozen cats and some ice cream and I'd be well away. I was watching the tv when my phone rang. I answered without looking at the screen.

"Hello?" I said my voice unusually deep.

"Jack" her sweet voice at the end of the phone said. It was her. She wanted to talk to me. Probably about the end of our friendship. Woohoo!

"Jess. I didn't uhh know it was you" what else could I say? I'm sorry about our train wreck of a friendship? Even though it was rarely bad.

"Thats fine, listen Jack. I'm sorry for ignoring you and not speaking to you, its just... you hurt me"

I paused. In fact had a heart attack. Why was she apologising? "Jess" I whispered. "I'm so so sorry" I cried. I gad hurt her. "I was just sorta angry because you were gonna give him a second chance and..." I sniffled. "It doesn't matter but Jess I am soo soo sorry. Please say you forgive me?" At this point I was full out crying. What a woman!

"First of all stop crying. I can here you through the phone little girl!" I chuckled and so did she. "Secondly of course I forgive you. I love you Jack, you're one of my best friends. I can't live without you much longer"

That was it. I had officially died. she said she loved me. Although as good as it sounded, it wasn't in the same way. "I love you too Jess" Just much more than you know.

"Good now why aren't you coming to my party?"

"I wasn't sure if I was welcome" I said quietly.

"Jack of course you are. I may have been pissed with you but I still wanted you here. You always find the best presents!" I laugh and so does she.

"Thanks. Speaking of presents... did you find mine?" I said. I'd forgot about the dress.

"Oh My God yes! Thank you Jack so much! When I saw it in the shop and I couldn't afford, there was no way I thought I would be wearing it tonight! Thank you sooo much!"

"Its ok anything for my little Jess and Beth helped. She told me what to buy and if its the wrong size blame Beth" I said quickly.

"Its fine and I'm about to put it on"

"Oh you're wearing it tonight?" I said. Didn't think she'd wear it tonight.

"Duhh! So you have to come to see me in your birthday present to me!" She says enthusiastically.

"What else do I get out of it?" I say back,

"Free alcohol?"

"And..." I say

"Uumm cake, atleast I think Beth got cake"

"Okay and..." I said

"A hug?"

"And maybe a kiss aswell?" I said cheekily, obviously not going to get that.

"On the cheek!" She says. OMG she was going to potentially kiss me. Okay definitely turning into a girl.

I sigh "Okay finneee I'll come"

"Yay! Okay see you in a bit!" She squeals making me go temporarily half deaf.

"Okay, see you in a bit!"

"Bye"

"Bye"

I was so relieved as we hung up the phone. So glad we were friends again, thats all that mattered...