Extra #6

Everyone had arrived only a short while ago. But I was already exhausted.

My Mom walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Honey, you okay? You looked tired"

I nodded. "I'm knackered"

She chuckled, the wrinkles on her face becoming clearer and the crinkles by her eyes made them virtually invisible.

"Well you are pregnant"

I nodded again. "I know but I'm barely five months"

"Yeah but you have Jamie, he's bound to wear you out"

I suppose she was right. "Yeah"

Jamie was my first born and three years old now, today actually.

Jack and I decided to wait a few years before we had another. Hence the bump now.

Jamie is an extremely active child. Always full of energy and very bubbly. But I love him. In fact everyone had to an extreme liking to him immediately. Even as a baby he was always very smiley.

I subconsciously placed a hand over my growing bump. I couldn't wait to have this one. Jamie would have someone else to play with. It doesn't seem like three years since Jamie was born. I'm 26 now, Jack 27. Who would have thought we'd be here.

I looked into the garden, Jamie was playing on the small slide and swing set we had in the garden. Paige, Drew and Rachel were also playing with him, even though they were a few years older. And Bradley and Hannah were also happy to play with their cousin.

I chatted with Beth, both if us drinking orange juice. Thats right, Beth was pregnant too. Around eight months, so not long to go. Ryan and her had also finally tied the knot. Their wedding was lovely and quaint. And hot. They wanted something for just a few members of the family and close friends. We flew out to The Bahamas and stayed for a few days before we left the happy couple for their honeymoon.

But anyway, as I watched the kids playing and laughing happily, I smiled. I hoped this child would be just like them, kind, loving and friendly. I had to admit I wanted a girl desperately, but of course I'd still be happy either way.

I poured myself a glass of lemonade and took a sip when I felt a warm breath against my neck and a strong pair of arms around my waist.

"Hi baby" he whispered and kissed my neck softly.

"Stop that, we have guests, mainly children"

He chuckled but stopped and rubbed my bump gently. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, just a little tired"

He pecked my forehead. "I know". He let go of me and spun my run slowly. A pout graced his face and I giggled. "Why don't you go and rest, put your feet up for an hour or so?"

I shook my head. "I can't, we need to cut Jamie's cake first"

He nodded. "But afterwards, you need to sit down"

I mock saluted. "Yes master"

He smirked. "I knew I'd have you submi-"

"Jack!" I screeched, my cheeks flaming. He laughed and made his way into the garden, rounding up the kids so they could have cake.