Chapter 14: The Birthday Party

It was gone 8 and the party was in full swing, but Jack still wasn't here. Had he changed his mind about coming? I hope not. I started to dance with Izzy from my chemistry class and Harriet from English lit. A little while later Immy from my old school got here. We had a little chat and we all danced together. Beth came for a dance aswell. When I finally got out of breath I headed to the kitchen for a drink. I made myself a vodka and coke and headed to the garden. It had suddenly got very hot. I sat on Beth's bench and sipped on my drink. I heard the door open and expected some couple coming out here to make out, but to my surprise it was Tom.

"Babe, what are you doing out herre?" He slurred. Drunk!

"Got too hot, needed some fresh air. What about you?" I say whilst watching him sway. He comes and sits next to me and starts kissing my neck. I had to admit it felt good but his breath stunk of booze of about 100 varieties. I tried to push him off but that just made him hold me tighter and kiss me more passionately.

"I heard you were out here... and thought... that... we could... go somewhere... a little more private?" He said in between kissing my neck and chest.

"Not tonight" I said calmly.

"Come on babe" he said clutching my waist.

"I said not tonight, you're too drunk" I said back again. Even though its nothing to be embarrassed about, I still hadn't had my first time. I didn't want to be one of those girls that regrets her first time, and I most certainly did not want to do it when the person I'm with his drunk out of his mind. As cheesy as it sounds, I want it to be something that I will remember for being amazing. I don't want it to be something I remember for all the wrong reasons. I want the candles and the rose petals, not drunken beer breath and someone who would most likely pass out half way through. So tonight was most definitely not the night.

"Why not?" He said looking at me in the eyes.

"Because your drunk"

"I don't mind" he said.

"Well I do mind. I don't want to tonight, ok?"

"Fine" he spat. He stood up and walked away in doors, slamming it behind him. I put my drink on the floor and rested my head in my hands. What felt like seconds later, but was actually 10 minutes, the door opened again.

"Tom if you're here to have a go or to try again, then its not gonna happen" I said rubbing my forehead.

"Not Tom, its me Jack" I look up and see him stood there. I run over to him and wrap my arms around his waist. His breathing hitches and then returns to normal as he wraps his arms around me. "Hey hey hey, whats up?" I sob into his chest. He scoops me up into his arms and carries me to the bench where he sits me on his lap. "Jess whats wrong?" He says wiping the tears from my cheeks with his thumb.

"Nothing"

"Theres obviously something. What did you mean about Tom not having a go earlier?" I shake my head and he brushes the hair out of my face. "Jess tell me whats wrong. Now!" He says with a worried tone in his voice.

"He... uhh... wanted me to have, you know with him... and I said no because he was too drunk and then he walked off" I said holding back sobs. He pulled me in closer and wrapped his arms around my waist and rubbed my back.

"Ssshhh don't worry Jess. Its all going to be ok" he said quietly in my ear. I pulled back and wiped my eyes.

"Thank you Jack. It means a lot that you're here" I say. He put his finger under my chin and lifted it until I was looking into his eyes.

"I wouldn't miss your birthday"

"Thank you. Oh I bet I look such a mess!" I said wiping around my eyes again.

"Anything but" he whispered. His face edged forward slightly. He looked down at my lips and then back up to my eyes.

"Jack" I whispered.

"Sshhh"

He edged forward and then the door opened. "Shit" He pulled away quickly and put me on the bench. It was Beth.

"Jess are you out... aahh there you are, oh Jack, didn't know you were here" Jack waved. "Anyway come in, its time for you to blow out your candles!" She ran back inside shutting the door behind her. I stood up.

"Come on" I said.

"Wait. I didn't give the second half of my present to you" he dug his hand into his back pocket and pulled out a small navy, suede, box and handed it to me. I opened it up and saw a little silver charm in the shape of a snowflake. While I was admiring the charm, Jack had taken a step closer to me. "Do you like it?" He said

"Jack its beautiful!"

"Well I know how much you like winter soo..."

"Thank you Jack" I said and then kissed him on the cheek. His eyes widened. "What? I said I would kiss you on the cheek!" I said. We both laughed an then he held my wrist and took the charm out of the box and hooked it onto the bracelet.

"Come on" he said tugging at my wrist and pulled me inside. He pushed me in front of him and everyone inside cheers and starts to sing happy birthday. I walk through the parting crowd over to where Beth is standing with my cake. A chocolate three tiered cake edged in chocolate fingers and truffles. Yum! When everyone is finished singing I blow out my candles and make a wish. What is it you say? I'm not telling you, it won't come true.

We dance for ages and we all had a great time. Beth invited most people in our year and everyone started leaving around 1 O'clock. It was a great night...

**********************************

Hi! OMG I've updated so much today! Had so many ideas!

1. What do you think about Tom's little outburst earlier?

2. Did you think Jack was going to try and kiss Jess?

3. Did you like the presents Jack got Jess?

Comment your answers to let me know what you think!

Hope your enjoying the story.

Love to you all ❤️❤️

Xx