Chapter 18: I'll be ok

The band above is called McFly^^ they sing the song mentioned below and in the story. Unfortunately the video wouldn't play so I have had to take it off. But don't let that prevent you from listening to it! It is a great song so please do... but up to you

Btw they are called McFly and the song is called 'I'll be ok'

And they are my favourite band so go check out all their other music!

Anyway enjoy the chapter and vote xx

Love to you all ❤️❤️❤️

Xx

**********************************

I didn't get much sleep. I woke up a couple of hours later and discovered that I was no longer on Tom's lap. I looked up and saw Jack, cradling me with his eyes closed. He looked tired so I decided not to disturb him. But then as I moved my head back his eyes flickered open and then rolled down to meet my gaze.

"Hey" he said, his voice in a croaky whisper.

"Hi. Are you ok? Do you want me to move?" I tried to get up but he pulled me back.

"It's ok. You're not heavy and yeah I'm fine. What about you, are you ok?"

"I'm ok I suppose. It still hurts a little but I'm a bit better. Thanks" I said snuggling into his jumper. It smelt like him. It was a nice change from the hospital smell. He pulled me in closer and wrapped his arms around my waist and legs. Then I fell asleep again, I was shattered.

The next time I woke was because Jack decided to start shaking me.

"Whattt??" I said groaning and hitting his chest.

"The doctors are here to talk to you. Wake up" he said, still shaking me. I shot up when I realised he said doctors.

"Yes, what? Where?" I stood up in front of the doctors.

"Misd Cooper, we have some news about your parents" he looked at me and I nodded for him to continue. "Well, your dad is doing fine. We have fixed the ribs as best as we can an then they will heal over time on their own. We have sorted out his shoulder and his wrist aswell, so he should be fine. Your mom's back was the problem". I nodded and bit my nails. "A couple of the vertebrae in her back have moved and if left untreated they would have been very painful. We have tried to fix them but the back is a very complex area, so we won't know if it has worked until she wakes up. We have put her into a coma so her back can heal. It will most likely be for about a week or two but we are going to continue monitoring her back by X-raying it every few days. When the drug thats keeping her asleep wears off, we will see if the surgery was successful or not. But if they are fine, she will still have to take it easy. In terms of her recovery, we will have to take it one step at a time. Rushing it could put her in a more compromising position which wouldn't be good for her"

"Ok. What happens if the back doesn't heal properly?" I asked, although I'm not sure I want the answer.

"Well that would be yours and your fathers decision if he is up to it. But the options would be to try and fix it again or she would have to use a wheelchair" the doctor said.

"Ok"

"If you would like to see him, your father is awake"

"Ok, I will. Thank you" I said offering a small smile.

"Your welcome" He gave me directions to my dads room and I went to find it. The others stayed in the waiting room, allowing me to have some privacy with my dad.

As I walked into his private room, I heard the beeping of his heart rate on a monitor. His eyes were closed and he had drip connected to his arm. I walked quietly and carefully over to his bed and sat down gently, trying not to disturb him. His eye flickered open and he smiled when he saw me.

"Jess, my beautiful little Jess. I'm so glad to see you" he said and I felt a tear slide down my face. As much as I don't see my parents that much anymore, I still love them. Of course I do! When I was little, they still worked, but they hardy ever went away, and when they did I would stay at either of my grandparent's houses. It was only when I got older, they started leaving me for weekends or the odd week here and there. I hated them for it at first. We'd hardly ever been away from each other. But as time passed and it became more of a regular occurence, I got used to it and it didn't bother me as much. Sure I miss them, but the freedom is also nice.

"Hi daddy" I whisper.

"Are you ok? Sorry we missed your birthday"

"Its ok Dad. All that matters is that you are ok. The doctors said you should be fine" I say with a small smile.

"I know. He came to see me earlier and he said he'd spoken to you. He also said you haven't left the hospital for nearly two days! Is that true?" He said with a bit of authority in his voice.

I nodded. "I wanted to be here when any news was released"

"You should go home now. They'll phone you if anything happens to me or... your mom" he said. I could hear the pain in his voice when he spoke about Mom. I nodded.

"Ok, I will. I love you Dad!" I said an pulled him into a big hug an he reacted in the same way. I kissed his head and walked to the door and left. He was right. I needed to go home. If not for a shower, for a proper nights sleep! I walked back to the waiting room and they all stood up as I walked in. "He's fine" I say and there once tense shoulders relaxed and they all let out a sigh of relief.

"Thats great news!" Beth said running over to me, giving me a huge hug. I hugged her back and it felt nice. I like her hugs, and she smells lovely.

"I am going to go home. Dad's orders!" I say chuckling and the others do too.

"Ok, want me to stay with you?" Beth and Tom say at the same time. They look at each other and then back at me.

"Its fine. I'll be ok! I say.

"When your down, and lost... and you need a helping hand..." Beth sang.

"When your down and lost, along the wayyy" Danny sang.

"Oh just tell yourself," Jack sang.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh, I'll be okay!" All four us sang, quoting my one of the songs from my favourite band McFly. All of us sang it except Tom who was on his phone. We all burst out laughing and it really cheered me up. It was moments like this, I realised how much I love, cherish and need my friends...