Chapter 30: Brotherly Love

Jess's POV~

"I'm engaged" Callum grinned.

"What?!" Jack and Claire shouted, standing up.

"I'm engaged"

"Yes we heard that, but who is she?" Claire asked.

"Well, three years ago, I was in a bar and there was this girl that forgot her purse and she couldn't pay for her drink. So me being the gentlemen I am" He smirked, "I bought her the drink and we got talking. Then three years later I proposed and we're moving back near home. Turns out her parents only live about thirty five minutes away from here" He said shrugging.

"Oh honey I'm so happy for you. I want to meet her as soon as possible"

"Yes Mom" Callum saluted.

"Congrats bro. I'm happy for you" Jack and Callum shook hands before pulling each other into a one armed hug, while Jack patted Callum's back.

"Congratulations Callum" I got up and gave him a hug followed by Beth and Danny.

"Thanks guys".

***************************************************************************

Jack's POV~

I saw the tall, male figure stood with my group of friends and I assumed it was the person Jess was talking about. Jess coughed and then the male turned round.

I felt my heart stop.

Callum?

Why is my brother here?

I stood there frozen to the spot. Unwilling to move or speak. I was completely dumbstruck. He was not a person I was expecting to see any time soon.

"Hey bro, how you been?" Callum was first to speak.

"Um, good, yeah umm... good" I could barely form the words to make a sentence.

"Good to hear it. Anyway you were on fire in that game. Didn't know you were that good" Callum nodded his head in approval.

"You watched me play?"

"Yeah just like old times" He always used to watch me play. I smiled internally at that memory.

"Lets give you two some privacy" Ryan suggested and everyone nodded. I realised I was still holding onto Jess' hand when she tried to pull away. I gave her a pleading look, hoping she'd stay. I needed her by my side. I felt complete... stronger... better, when she was next to me.

She nodded her head, signalling she'd stay and I gave the others a smile as they walked off warily.

"So is this all I get? Silence. I thought you'd be more excited to see me" Callum smirked.

"Well I wouldn't need to be excited, if you'd have just listened and stayed when I told you to five years ago" It was true. I tried to convince him to stay but nooo he had to leave.

"Listen you know I had to. Anyway don't I get a hug or anything?" Callum chuckled. I grimaced and then walked slowly towards my older brother. I opened my arms and we both hugged each other. It felt good to hug him again after this long. I started to tear up a bit and so did Callum from what I heard.

Hey just because we're men, doesn't mean we don't cry! Don't judge.

"I missed you Jack. And Mom" Callum said between sobs.

"I missed you too Cal, so does Mom" I cried.

"Can we go see her?"

"Yeah" I replied. "Jess come, please?"