Chapter 42: Mothers Know Best

After the mash potato incident at school I went home. Fortunately my classes for the day were over, thank god. I don't know what I'd have done if people started coming up to me. I'd have probably broken down there and then.

When I got home Dad's car was there so I raced inside to see him. I know I only saw him yesterday and I was acting as if I hadn't seen him in months, but ever since the accident I have appreciated him being here a lot more.

I opened the front door and heard music playing. What? Is that Bon jovi? It is!

"Woahh, we're half way there. Woahh livin' on a prayer!" He was dancing around the living room singing into the Tv remote, singing to 'Livin On A Prayer by Bon Jovi'. I stood silently at the doorframe, watching in awe at the man in front of me.

"Take my hand..." he held is hand out, gesturing to the invisible person in front of him. "We'll make it I swear. Woahh, livin' on a prayer"

I burst out laughing at the scene in front of me. I couldn't take it any longer. Dad spun round in shock, a look of complete humiliation on his face.

"Wha- wha- what was th-that?" I said in between laughs.

"Nothing" he said simply, straightening out his shirt which had become wrinkled due to his performance.

"That was obviously something. Whats gotten you all excited and happy?"

"Oh yeah right. I have some good news" he grinned excitedly.

"What? What is it?" I asked, mirroring his expression.

"Its your mother" I blinked. What? "She's allowed to come home"

"What?" I grinned nervously. He wasn't messing with me was he?

"Your Mom is finally coming home!"

I squealed, causing my Dad to grimace. "Oh my gosh! I'm so happy" I ran over to my Dad and engulfed him in a hug, resulting in him responding immediately.

"Me too" he said. Just then the chorus to 'Livin On A Prayer' came back on.

We both glanced at each other before grinning cheekily. I picked up the other gadget and we both started belting out lyrics.

"Woahh, we're half way there, woahh, livin' on a prayer. Take my hand, we'll make it I swear, woahh, we're living on a prayer" we both collapsed on the sofa, side by side; Dad chuckling and me giggling. The funny thing is, it actually felt like my prayers had been answered about my Mom. I'm completely over the moon and back several hundred times.

When our laughter died down I sat up and looked at my Dad.

"When is she going to be allowed to be picked up?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, right. Before we started dancing, I was about to go and grab her an outfit. She gets to come home this afternoon"

"Really?" I asked in disbelief and excitement.

"Yeah, go pack her an outfit. I would but she'd only moan if the colours didn't coordinate or something"

Laughing, I nodded and made my way to the walk in wardrobe in their bedroom. I pulled out a pair of white linen trousers, matching white blazer, a peach vest and a matching pair of ballet flats with a small bow at the toe.

I ran downstairs and found Dad already waiting by the door with his car keys in hand.

About 20 minutes later we arrived at the hospital. I basically ran through the hospital up to Mom's room. When I arrived she was sat in the arm chair, looking out the window.