Chapter 5: One Question, One Argument

We arrived outside a gorgeous building and I only realised how posh this place was when a valet came and collected Tom's car to park it. He took my hand and we walked into the building of white stone and into a large foyer decorated with large vases of roses and old looking statues. We stood by a podium and a short bald man walked out in a tuxedo and started talking to Tom. After a few seconds we were ushered through to big doors that were being held open by two similar looking men about the same age as the man in the foyer and into a large restaurant even fancier than the entrance hall. We were seated at a table by a wood burning fire and two menus were placed in front of us. I looked at all the choices and saw several things that sounded amazing but then I saw the prices. It was ridiculously priced.

"Ppsstt" He looks up amused.

"What?" He replies

"Isn't this place a little expensive?"

"Not really" he says casually and looks back at his menu.

"Pssstt" I say again

"Yes?"

"I don't expect you to spend this sort of money on me" I say quietly

"Listen, would I have bought you here if I couldn't afford it?" he did have a point. We both went back to our menus and when the waiter came over we ordered our food. I had a butterflied chicken breast with garlic potatoes and he ordered a steak. It came a while later and it looked, smelt and tasted gorgeous. We talked a lot over dinner and had a genuinely nice time. We shared a slice of chocolate cheesecake and he ordered the bill. I know for a fact I would have choked if I would have seen the total but he seemed happy enough paying. We took a walk afterwards along the river behind the restaurant and we watched the sun start to set. It was beautiful and I had to say I was having a great time considering I almost said no. When we got back the car was waiting for us and he drive me home. We sat under the tree in my front garden for a while and started to talk some more.

"So tell me something I don't know about you" I say

"Oh hunny, wouldn't you like to know..." he chuckled

"Seriously" I say back

"All you need to know is that I'm trouble" he chuckles again but this time a smirk appears in his face. He leans in and kisses me on the lips. Slowly at first and then it becomes faster and more intense his hands are on my thigh and my hip and mine are in his hair. Normally I would never kiss on the first date but there was something about him that excited me and terrified me at the same time. What had he meant when he said he was trouble. Surely that was a joke. God knows what my neighbours would think if they saw us. Then I realised, that was my first proper kiss, and it felt amazing. We both pulled away and our breathing was quick. I needed air and apparently so did he. He stood up and helped me up too.

"I had fun tonight" he said.

"Me too" I said back still struggling slightly to breathe.

"Well see you soon Cupcake" he kissed my cheek, winked at me and walked back to his car and drove off.

Wow! That was awesome. I told Beth about everything on the phone. We stayed up for hours talking about every detail. We eventually decided to go ti bed and would continue our conversation at college tomorrow.

**********************************

"What?!" Jack said choking on his drink. "You went out with Tom? Tom Smith?" I couldn't help but notice he sounded a bit jealous but I brushed it off.

"Yeah"

"Are you crazy? Have you not heard about what he did?" Jack scolded me.

"No. He said he was trouble before he kissed me bu..."