Chapter 37: Jack's POV

Jack's POV~

When I received the call from Callum, asking me to meet his fiancée I was fine. It was only when I realised Jess would be there that I started to panic. I hadn't seen her since that day, and to be honest she probably wouldn't want to see me either. So I was probably safe, she wouldn't be there. Would she?

I got ready at a snails pace, just because I couldn't be bothered. Don't get me wrong I'm elated that my brother is finally settling down and that he's found someone he can spend the rest of his life with, but with everything that's happened lately, frankly I'm fed up.

I grabbed a navy polo shirt from Hollister, a pair of khaki chinos and my black converse and my shiny metallic watch and I was done. I quickly grabbed a comb and ran it through my hair a few times. Looking in the mirror, I noticed how shit I actually looked. I had large, dark circles under my eyes and I looked like I hadn't eaten in weeks. But then again I hadn't really over the past week. Maybe the odd pringle or two, but after what happened, for some reason I sort of lost my appetite. I mean what did I have to live for? Okay, maybe a tad dramatic but I was sort of right. I mean the only girl I have ever and will ever love basically, in other words, told me to piss off. Not that I can blame her, I was stupid.

I checked my watch and saw it was about half 12. From what he'd told me, Callum lived about 25 to 30 minutes away from us. I should be fine.

Another thing that annoyed me slightly, I couldn't drive. Well not yet anyway. You see I'm having some driving lessons but I haven't had my test yet, so I'm still licence-less. I ordered a taxi and within 5 minutes it arrived.

After about 40 minutes, I arrived. I felt bad because I was late; but what was I supposed to do? Tell the people in charge of road works to stop so I could go through? Nope. So we had to go through the diversion.

I paid the driver and walked up to their front door. So far the house looked nice, it's cute exterior gave it that wholesome, friendly feel. I knocked on the door a couple of times and waited for someone to open it. When it opened I was greeted by a petite, brown haired woman who I assumed would be Lizzie.

"Hi Jack, come in, come in" She ushered me inside as she shut the door. "Hi I'm Lizzie, Callum's fiancée. Its great to finally meet you"

"Hi Elizabeth, its nice to meet you too. I've heard wonderful things"

"Same with you. Anyway come in we've been expecting you" I had to stifle a laugh. She sounded like a villain from a movie, but the funny thing is, she's so small. It just didn't sound natural.

I followed her down the hallway until we got to a white door. She pushed it open and walked in, holding it open to me. I felt all eyes rush to me, and then I heard a small gasp come from the corner of the room. My eyes snapped to where the noise came from and I was shocked at the sight. Jess. She looked at me in disbelief. Shock. Anger? I don't know. But what I do know is, all of a sudden she dashed past me and into the hallway. I hadn't noticed Danny was next to me, so when I tried to reach out and grab her he pulled my hand away and shook his head. At first I had a small feeling of anger inside of me, but I realised what he did was probably for the best. She already hated my guts. I didn't need to add unwanted grabbing to the list of things I'd done wrong.

Lizzie looked shocked but then a look of realisation came across her face. So Callum probably told her then. She dashed after Jess, shooting us all a look telling us to stay put. I wanted nothing more than to rush after her myself, wrap her up in my arms and comfort her until she felt okay again. To let her know I was still there for her, to let her know I still cared.

Everyone sort of stood there in silence. And it wasn't the sort of silence, that everyone was fine with. It was that horrible, uncomfortable, awkward silence that everyone feared.

Finally Callum broke it. "How about some drinks?" A few replies echoed through the room. "Jack, Danny, maybe you want to come and help" We both looked at each other and nodded in agreement. We followed Callum to the kitchen and stood in silence for a few seconds.

"Are you okay?" Callum finally asked. "Jack"

"Hm, oh yeah. Eermm I'm okay I guess" I shrugged.

"Are you sure? You look like Skeletor man" Danny joked.

"Yeah" I shrugged again. I thought back to the way she looked at me. She looked hurt. I never wanted to hurt her again. On purpose or by accident. It was enough to make me... cry. And that's exactly what happened. I slumped down the counter I was originally leaning on and cupped my face in my hands. I cried for a few minutes.

"Why did I have to mess everything up?" I asked, rubbing at my eyes. "Why did I have to be so selfish and stupid?"

"Hey mate, listen... you didn't realise she would react like this. It was a mistake. A brief lapse of judgement on your part. Don't beat yourself up too much about it" Danny said patting my back.

"Yeah, I'm sure she'll forgive you eventually" Callum added.

"That's the thing" I sniffled. "I don't think she will"

"Listen, it won't do you any good just sitting around moping. And like Danny said, you look like freaking Skeletor so start eating properly before Mom notices" I nodded in agreement at what Callum had said. "And listen, I'll try talking to Jess"

"Thanks man"

"No problem. Now can we start drinking some beers or something because the longer this conversation goes on, the feminine I feel" Callum gestured to himself in a lady like way, earning a chuckle from me and Danny.

I rubbed my eyes and opened the bottle of beer Danny had just handed to me.

"Oh and by the way I have a plan" Callum said.

"Which is?"

"If you want to start winning Jess over, you need to start doing whatever you can to get back in her good books"

"Okay"

"So here's to operation 'Win her back'" Callum cheered, as we all clicked our bottles together and each took a long gulp of the liquid inside.

"Oh and way to go on the whole name thing. Really original" I said sarcastically.

"Err, who is trying to help you here?" Callum shot me a look.

"Sorry"

"Exactly. Don't question your wise older brother, he's smarter than he looks" Callum smirked.

"Why are you referring to yourself in third person?" I shot back.

"Because your older brother wants to, and as the older and wiser brother, he shall do what he wants, when he wants"

"What about Lizzie?" Danny asked.

"Well apart from when she tells me I can't" Danny and I both burst out laughing. Guffawing like a bunch of hyenas on crack.

"You're so whipped" Danny cooed. Callum blushed and turned away scowling.

"Come on, lets take the drinks in" he mumbled.

We both followed him in, smiling. I must admit this little talk did make me feel slightly better. Even the whole plan idea didn't sound so bad.

And I hoped it would work. In fact, it will work. If its the last thing I do. I will make Jess forgive me, whether she wants to or not...

******************************

A/N Hiya Guys, you all okay? Don't forget to vote and comment.

If you vote and comment and you have your own stories, I will check them out for you. But only if you vote and comment! Go check out my other stories!

Love to you all ❤️❤️❤️

B-Xx