V:1 C:6 Slaughter at Emerald Forest

(I also like how I did the 3rd person thing in the last chapter, so I may do it more. But here is the long awaited, Barbatos salughter a sh*ton of Grimm chapter, this one maybe a short one also.)

(Barbatos POV)

As I grab my Ignis  I looked at the Grimms, I counted about 50 of them.  Mix of Beowulf and Ursa. "Finally something." I said out loud in a neutral tone. I then hear some movement with the team of Jaune's. "Don't move" I said to them, as then draw out Glacies "I want to fight them." I then charge at them.

(If you want to listen to the battle music that I pick)

I cut a Beowulf in half, then stabbing its upper body with my tail, and then throwing it in a group. I then helped another Ursa find its shoulders. I hear three Beowulf lunging at me from my backside, I used my tail to cut each one of them. I then throw Glacies at a Beowulf, freezing in place, as I quickly pulled my blade out, it break with the strength I pull it out.

(3rd Person)

As Jaune's team looked at Barbatos's 'work' Jaune simply said "W-wow" in both fear and amazement.

(Barbatos POV)

As I helped out the Grimm learn about their insides, I charge at another one cutting with Ignis I then moved on as its body begins to burn, kicking another one into a Ursa's claw. I then throw both Ignis and Glacies into two closing in on me. I charge at another one, but instead of staying at ground level, I jumped, and cut downward on my claws, while my tail hold a Grimm to throw it. I then boosted to another Grimm kneeing it in the face, before slashing upward from its body to its face. I throw the Grimm I had into a far off group, before my tail cut off some of their heads. After a solid... 3 minutes? I look back to the freshly one thats I killed, were starting to give off smoke... Someone must surely think the forest on fire, huh.

I looked inside the temple seeing a chess board with nothing on it. "Well." I said. "There goes my free food for 4 years." As I walked with the group back to the Cliff. They were talking about me, but I didn't care enough to remember.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the auditorium, we were hearing some names. "Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark." Ozpin read out from a list. "The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!" I saw some boys that... lets just say I have a good sense of judgment, that is right... most of the time.

"Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie." Ozpin called out from a list. Jaune, Ren, Pyrrha, and Nora, walked up to the stage. "The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR." Everyone clap for this team, while Nora gave Ren a hug. "Led by... Jaune Arc!"

Being caught flat footed "Huh? L-Led by...?"

"Congratulations, young man." Giving him a smile.

Pyrrha wishing to congratulate her new team leader, gives him a friendly hit on the shoulder, but ending up to making him lose balance, giving the audience a laugh.

"Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long." The four girls walked up stage. "The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!"

Yang quickly hug Ruby "I'm so proud of you!" to the surprise of Ruby. I closed my eyes, thinking about the food here, I'm going to miss that.

"And finally, would Barbatos Lupus Rex." I open my eyes "Would you please come on stage?" I did what I was command to do.  "Now although Mr. Rex didn't bring back a relic, there was an old tradition in Beacon, that if someone would kill more Grimm and didn't return with a relic, that person would be on a solo team." So does that mean, I get the free food? And again as if he is reading my mind, he simply nod to me. "So I think this welcomes our first solo team, in quite sometime." I got a howl of clapping from the audience. I look at team RWBY and JNPR, most of them give me a thumbs up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I open my door to my room, one bed and a desk. It was already afternoon, but I felt somewhat tried. So I just land on my bed, and I slowly drift to sleep. One thought did stay in my mind.

Was it an old tradition?

(Alright so maybe it wasn't a short one, but hey Barbatos is on a solo team, and the team of RWBY is formed. I may do "filter" chapters, where I just do Barbatos's character, don't pin me to it though, may is the key word. Also how do you think about me picking battle themes?)