V:5 C:2 Hope in the Dark

(3rd Person)

Qrow sits at a bar, alone and looking down at his glass, not drinking. His mind drifting on how will he do anything without Ozpin. Just then he felt a glare, turning to see a kid standing behind him as if Qrow was his father.

"You know, I don't think they allow kids in here, pipsqueak. Where your parents anyway." Qrow said to the kid, and as Qrow looked at the kid, this kid seems more like a farmer boy then anything. The kid looks at Qrow for a second before turning his head to the side and speaking softly.

"Shut up, I'm getting there." The kid said to himself. And Qrow then hoped he wasn't dealing with some crazy kid. "Umm..." The kid trying to piece the words together. "I'm supposed to tell you... I'd like my cane back." Qrow blinks and closes his eyes for a brief moment before nodding with a slight smile. 

"Finally some good news." Qrow said to himself, and he lifts the collapsed cane off of his hip. "It's good to see you again, Oz." Qrow tosses it at the kid, who catches it reflexively. The cane immediately extends itself out from the collapsed base when it touches kid's hand, and he looks down at it, surprised. His other hand comes around to hold the shaft before he looks up at Qrow and blinks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the cargo ship flies over Lake Matusu, Weiss, still somber over being unable to help the Mistralian cargo pilots, suddenly notices to her right a series of landmasses floating in the bright blue, partly cloudy sky, with what appears to be black crystals jutting out from the bottom of the rock formations. Puzzled, she then decides to head into the pliot's cabin.

"Where are we?" She asked as the door open.

"Nowhere good." The pilot says to her. "Passing by some of Lake Matsu's floating islands. The gravity that forms in these things is giving us a little turbulence. Nothing I can't handle, but the islands sometimes hide some nasty Grimm." As Weiss walks toward the pilot, outside, an airship is seen quickly heading towards them, on fire, and leaving a giant trail of smoke behind it. "I'm just betting on our friends in distress keeping them preoccupied." Weiss notices to her right the approach of the heavily damaged airships.

"Look out!" She said to the pilot, causing him to panic a little pulling upward, in turn avoiding the doomed aircraft, bearing a white symbol for Mistral on its sail, proceeds to collide into one of the floating islands.

"You've got to be kidding me!" He then turned on radio, listening in for any nearby transmissions.

"By the gods, we've lost Percy! Help!" The radio yelled of the Mistral pilot. Another Mistralian airship, pursued by a swarm of wasp-like Grimm, is suddenly hooked from multiple directions by their extendable stingers, which leaves them trapped and unable to move. "We're hooked! We're hooked!" As the pilot makes a frantic call, the wood on the ship's exterior begins to crack, as the insects grappling on the ship pull very tightly. "Everyone, abandon ship!" Capitalizing on their fear, one of the Grimm somersaults into the air and dive-bombs into the top of the ship, as the pilot and everyone on board perishes in the ensuing explosion. The rest of the Grimm following this turn their attention to and pursue Weiss' airship.

"And those are Lancers!" The pilot yell, as he flipped some switches and press some buttons to insure a fast get away. "Alright buckle up-- Huh?" He turned expecting to see the white girl he was carrying, only to see her jump down a hatch into the cargo hold, as she is determined to stop the swarm. He then grab the intercom."What are you doing?"

"What we should've done in the first place! You're carrying Dust, right?"

"Uh... n-yeah, yeah I am." He says sheepishness, causing Weiss' eyes roll, as she opens a large container of vials of powdered Dust and loads her weapon with six of them.