V:3 C:9 The Beginning of the End

(I wanted the full title to be, "For better or worse, this will be the beginning of the End" but I found that to be way too fucking long, so nah.)

(Barbatos' POV)

I know the line was pretty long, but whats taking Ruby so long. I stand up and quickly looked for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3rd Person)

Down in the arena of Amity Colosseum, Pyrrha is still looking hesitant and distracted while Penny politely salutes her opponent.

Penny's hands on her hips in excitement. "Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!" The troubled Pyrrha doesn't respond, looking at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination. "This is going to be so much fun!" Penny not noticing her opponent's reluctance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Amity Colosseum, Ruby Rose is still facing down an up-and-standing Mercury, who's smugly smiling at the younger girl's confusion.

"Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt! Why..." She narrows her eyes in suspicion. "What's going on?" Mercury doesn't answer, still grinning with malice. "Fine. If you're not going to tell me..." She attempts to move around him, but he blocks her path, then does it again when she sidesteps.

"Fighters, are you ready?" Oobleck's quick voice can still be heard with these two. As this is happening Mercury smirks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Barbatos' POV)

"Hey," I told to the snack guy. "Did you see a girl in a black and red..." He just looked at me in confusion. "Looks like Ruby Rose."

"Oh," Took you long enough. "I did see her, but she looked like something caught her eye."

"Where did she go?"

"Maintenance's tunnel."

What the hell are you doing Ruby?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3rd Person)

Penny beams widely in anticipation, but Pyrrha is still looking around as if in a daze, though she manages a small scowl at her opponent, weapons Miló and Akoúo her already in hand.

"3, 2, 1..." Oobleck counts down as General James Ironwood calmly sits to observe the fight, Nora and Ren cheer for their teammate while simply watches anxiously Jaune, and Emerald leans forward with a glare. "BEGIN!" Oobleck said while leaning forward.

Suddenly, Penny is surrounded by Floating Array, gesturing the swords around to her command before launching a volley of them at Pyrrha, who runs towards them and leaps though or deflects each aimed blade. The swords fly into the air until they turn around and come back to the fight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Showtime," Mercury said to Ruby. He goes forward, blocking Ruby's path with his arms outstretched, restraining her movements no matter where she moves. Panicked, she grimaces and spins forward becoming a blur of red and petals rocketing toward Mercury, only for the villain to kick her twice mid-dash with Talaria and knock her to the ground. He advances on her just as she gets out her Scroll, about to push the button to call for help when a bullet sends the device flying out of her hand. "Let's just keep this between us friends." He said while lowing his leg.