V:2 C:8 First 'Job'

(I don't know what to say here. I usually have something to say, but eh. On with the show I guess.)

"They were here..." Ironwood raising his voice to make sure Ozpin is getting this. "Ozpin, they were here!" He angrily slams his fist against Ozpin's desk when nothing came out of Ozpin.

"We're very much aware of that!" Ozpin said to the general. "Thank you, James."

"Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!"

Before anyone could say anything an alert sound plays, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator. "Come in," Ozpin said out loud.

Ruby steps out of the elevator, and into the room. "Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here," She pausing before quickly defending  herself "It wasn't me."

"Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?" Ozpin asked Ruby.

"Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three." She tried to joke, but when everyone stares silently at her, she quickly read the room. "Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it."

"Ruby," Ironwood started "I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could."

"Thank you, sir."

"Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add." Ozpin finished saying.

"Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?" Glynda followed Ozpin.

"I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked." Ruby said.

"Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby." Glynda said while turning at Ozpin.

"Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone." Ironwood said to both Glynda and Ozpin.

"Wait. You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" Ruby asked everyone in that room.

"It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together," Ozpin told Ruby.

"Actually, I..." Ruby first think if it was okay to say this, before finally... "I think I remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast. Just outside the Kingdom."

"Interesting," Ozpin said while thinking.

"I thought you said the intruder never—" Glynda started to question.

Before being stopped by Ozpin. "Thank you for your cooperation, Ruby. Why don't you go and spend some time with your team? You have a big day ahead of you." 

"Any time," Ruby said happily before leaving.

"And Miss Rose," Ruby quickly turned around. "Please try and be... discreet about this matter." Ozpin finish saying.

"Yes, sir."

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Barbatos's POV)

A ton of things happen this morning. At first when Yang called me, I thought it was just... normal things when in a relationship, but she then said that Ruby was called up to Ozpin's office. We were just all waiting for her to return. I don't know why, but that Ozpin, I don't trust him. Yeah I am respectful to him, but with all the days on the street, you get this extra senses, it just feels... off about him. I heard the door to the dorm open, seeing Ruby at it.