V:4 C:3 Hollow Snow and Saudade Red

(I'm gonna hate something in here, I just know it.)

(3rd Person)

Weiss walks alone in the hallway, never having looked up the entire time

"Good afternoon, sister." Until she has a startled reaction to hearing her brother's voice coming from right in front of her. He's got his hand on his chest and he affects a bow. "A pleasure to see you out of your room for a change."

"Hello, Whitley. You're in a cheery mood today." Weiss said as she sidesteps him and turns to speak, and since he moves to face her the effect is that of the two of them briefly circling each other.

"Klein made crepes for breakfast." He clasps his hands behind his back and smirks at her.

"What do you want?" She ask in a very questioning tone.

"I heard Father shouting with someone in his study earlier."

"Mother?"

"No, she's already drinking in the garden. I think it was a man." Weiss looks up at him on this. "I just wanted to warn you. I heard he had asked to speak with you."

"I'll be fine."

"I know you will. You are strong, like Winter."

"You never liked Winter."

"True, but you can't deny her resolve."

"You... seem different."

"And you've been gone. I'll have you know I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon" Whitley turns and walks away. "Anyway, good luck with Father!"

"Thank you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We truly can't thank you enough." The village mayor said to Ruby.

"Just doing our job, sir."

"Thank you. When we heard about the large Grimm horde coming this way, we were beginning to wonder if we'd have to relocate."

"Well, we are on our way to Mistral. You could always come along with us if you don't feel safe."

"Ha." He started as he look at his people, buying fresh produce from a cart, stand and chat on open balconies overlooking the roads, tend to their horses and generally go about their daily lives peacefully. The village has plentiful trees and green spaces and cobbled roads. "I'm afraid our people would never survive the long trek to Mistral. It may be safer in the Kingdoms, but we prefer our way of life. I just wish we could pay you more."

"Our previous arrangement is more than sufficient." Ren said to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shop door closes. At a counter, a burly man with horns sets down a set of armor.

"There you go, son. It's going to be heavier than what you're used to, but you'll thank me the next time you go up against a set of claws."

"Wow. That-eh. I don't know what to say." Jaune sounding a little nervous.

"Don't gotta say anything! Just put it on! I'll go get the rest." The Faunus blacksmith turns and goes out back. All the while Jaune didn't move an inch.

"So, what are you waiting for?" Nora asked him, making him snap back to the real world.

"Oh, uh, right!" Jaune said while taking off his chestplate. "Guess I was going to grow out of it eventually."