V:4 C:2 The Fading Fire

(To be honest, I don't know how to start this off, so if its a little messy, my bad.)

(Barbatos' POV)

"...with no end in sight." I heard something, as I open my eye, and I saw Yang's face. Guess I fell asleep on Yang's laps.  "Try as they might, the local can't seem to get a hold of the situation at Beacon Academy."

I then heard a click, follow by different voice.

"...though the fail-safes have supported wireless communication within the kingdom, the loss of the CCT Tower continues to prevent contact with the outside world. Talks with Atlas officials regarding repairs have so far—"

Click.

"...Vale council voted this week to continue to ban any air traffic that does not have a direct correlation with evacuation. The council has made it clear that they feel—"

Click.

"Multiple rumors continue to circulate as to who was behind the attacks at the Vytal Festival Tournament." I saw Yang's eyes widen a bit. "While no one knows for sure, officials have confirmed that high-ranking White Fang member, Adam Taurus was present for the attack. Any and all attempts to bring him into custody have been met with brutal force—"

Click, but I didn't heard any new voices.

"You okay." Surprising I didn't shock her this time.

"Yeah." I could sense the lie, but I couldn't tell her that. After some moments, we both heard the door clicks.

"I'm home!" Oh, it's just Yang's dad.

"Hey, Dad."

"Sir." I sat up, seeing him carrying four boxes with two bags hanging from his forearms.

"Guess what came in today!" He said, while shutting the door behind him.

"What?" I was confused on how happy he sounded.

"I can't wait for you to try this." He walks into another room to unload, while on the couch Yang looks somewhat interested. He returns, carrying one long white box, and a small white box. He sets it on the coffee table in front of us, both having Kingdom of Atlas symbol on it.

"Well?" Wait it was for-

"It's... for us?" Yang said.

"For you guys and you only for you guys." I open my box as Yang opens her. I saw a small eye, with a note under it. I turned to Yang's box seeing a robotic right arm. "Brand new, state of the art Atlas tech. You know, I thought I was gonna have to pull some strings, call in a few favors, but you guys earned this one all on your own."

"Huh?"

"Hmm?"

"Before I could even talk to him, General Ironwood already had one of his top scientists working on these, for you two. He wanted me to tell you that you fought admirably. You guys should be proud of yourself." Yang looks up at her father but says nothing. "Well? You going to try it on?"

"I uh..." She said, I could hear something in her voice, but I couldn't say what was it.  "I'm not feeling too great right now. Maybe later?"

"Well," He deflates a bit and puts his hand to the back of his neck as he sighs and considers how best to respond. "Alright."

Yang gets up and walks up the stairs, her dad giving her an encouraging smile as she passes in front of him. She pauses partway up the steps, turning in his direction.

"Thanks, Dad." Yang continues upstairs after. He turns to me.

"So... what about you?" He asked me. I looked at the eye again. I saw its pupil, brightly showing off, as if it was human.