V:4 C:6 Critical Point

(Still don't know what to say.)

(3rd Person)

It is a cloudy day, and RNJR is following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, stretches her arms up wide.

"Another day, another adventure!" Nora yell, sounding pump as ever. Beside her, Jaune reads a map while Ruby and Ren continue alongside them.

"What's on the agenda today?" Ruby asked Jaune

"Walking!"

"With a side of...?" Nora asked Jaune.

"Walking."

"Man, Haven is a lot farther away than I thought." Ruby said to everyone.

"Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?" Ren asked.

"I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!"

"You know, that didn't answer my question."

"Maybe like, uh... two weeks?"

"What!?" Jaune quickly said to Ruby.

"Okay, fine! Three or something!" Ruby said while rolling her eyes. After all of this Ruby notices something ahead. "Hey, what's that?" Nora quickly jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

"That's... strange." Jaune said while checking his map. "I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days."

"Are those buildings... damaged?" Nora said to Ren.

"We should search for survivors!" Jaune quickly said to everyone while he puts the map in a small bag and all four go running into the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop from there. They discover the town to be empty. Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath.

"Anything?" Ruby ask everyone.

"Nothing over here!" Nora responded.

"No one over here, either!" Jaune said so after.

"It almost seems like... the town was abandoned." Ren said looking at all of the damage. Ruby looks around, feeling something in the wind.

"Hey, I think I found something!" Nora said to everyone. Ruby turns and rushes over. Nora, Jaune and Ren are looking at a town sign. Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side to read what it says. "Oniyuri?" She looked at everyone.

"I never heard of it." Jaune said.

"Me neither." Ruby followed.

"I have." Everyone turned to Ren. "You might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the Kingdom was being run. Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city, with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own Kingdom. Many thought it would be the future. I know my parents did."

"What happened?" Ruby asked him. He went of his knees and brushes off some dirt on the stone tiles, revealing the same footprint as before.

"The Grimm." Jaune said.

"Not just any." Ren said while tightening his fist. "One" Ruby briefly faces Nora in confusion, but Nora doesn't move her concerned gaze away from Ren. She turns back to him.

"One?" Ruby said. Several small black birds take off from a tree outside Oniyuri's wall. They fly over the village and the four travelers."

"Come on. Let's just get through here. This place gives me the creeps." Jaune said turns and leaves, soon followed by Nora. Ren lingers for a moment for a few moments, seemingly in thought, then follows. Ruby is the last to move as she looks over the empty village. Leaves blow through behind her after she follows her friends.