V:2 C:10 Search

(Had to change something in the last chapter, because a word didn't add up.)

(3rd Person)

General James Ironwood looking out from the landing docks of Beacon Academy to the city of Vale at night.

"Trouble sleeping?" James looked back to see Glynda walking up to him.

"Arm was acting up."

"Of course, so logically, you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and decided to gaze menacingly out into the distance," Glynda then was concerned. "What's wrong?"

"I've trusted him for years. We both have. I just... I can't help but feel like he's keeping us in the dark."

"Don't be ridiculous! You know very well that we are not the ones in the dark."

He laughs humorously. "That makes it worse! I refuse to believe that a man that I've trusted for so long would act so... passively"

Glynda puts a reassuring hand on her friend's shoulder. "You're a good person, James. You've always done what you think is best for the people, even against strong protest. It's admirable. But it's high time you stopped talking about trust and started showing it," She drops her hand as they stare into the distance together. "Ozpin has experience that the rest of us lack. And I think that's something worth remembering."

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Barbatos's POV)

I tried falling asleep, I really did. But I just couldn't. Ruby was still on watch, honestly, I think I should have been on watch.

"Blake, are you awake?" I heard Yang say.

"Yeah," I heard Blake say.

"Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like, what was he trying to say?"

"Maybe he was just curious."

"You think?"

"No," Me and Black said to Yang.

"Sorry, did we wake you up?" Yang asked me.

"No, I couldn't really sleep."

"Weiss, are you awake?" Yang asked

"Of course I'm awake!" She told us in a whispering yell, making me and Yang finch. "You two are talking. And I think he... When I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But, it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral gray area."

"That's putting it lightly," Blake told the Ice Queen.

"Which is why I feel the need to make things right," I saw her sitting up from her sleeping bag."If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it."

"Can't believe the Ice Queen has a heart," I said out loud.

"Hey!"

"It was a joke, calm down. I do believe you have a heart, you just never show it."

"All my life, I fought for what I thought was right," Blake said to all of us. "I had a partner named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be not perfect for everyone. I joined the Academy because I knew that Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy, what will I - how can I undo so many years of hate?"