V:4 C:1 The Storm

(Hello, welcome back, I decided to show another character, and this volume is gonna be tricky since, to me, it felt like a lot of ideas were thrown around, but none of them really sticking with me. So... this is gonna be something, so I won't do that... hopefully.)

(Bael's POV)

"Great, a meeting when I get back." I said to myself. right next to me is Marchosias, my most trusted servant. In front of us is Arthur Watts, coding something, while waiting for Salem. Everyone else in the room is Mercury, Street Rat, Cinder "Ella", Crazy, and Big Dumb Idiot. Though Cinder is weak, she tried to look strong, keyword is tried. 

Emerald nudges Mercury out of her way so that she can be directly next to Cinder.

"Yes, yes, please keep your posse in check." I heard Watts say. Mercury grunts and move toward Watts, but Emerald holds him back. "You hear that? Silence." I then saw from the corner of my eye that Hazel gave an unimpressed sideways glance. "I've half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you."

"If I were you," We all turn to Tyrian. "I'd hunt her down." He snicker. "Find her and, well, she took your eye, didn't she?" Cinder was just stares at Tyrian while he cackles at her. 

"Pathetic." Watts started to say. "Why did you even—"

The sound of a heavy metal door being unlatched filled to whole room, from the floor to the ceiling. The doors open and everyone stands just before Salem enters. She walk like as if she was gliding, jewels jangling from her hair as perfect as you can imagine. 

"Watts." She said softly like a mother speaking to her very young child. As she said his name, he straightens his back, looking toward her. "Do you find such malignance necessary?" She gestures for all to sit down, but me and Marchosias stood behind Watts.

"I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure."

"But," I said out loud. "Didn't I failed too, sir?" I asked Watts.

"Your job was to stop Barbatos, not kill that... what did you call him again?"

"A mad dog, sir"

"Yes, that." Watts said, but I did hear some 'silent' laughter from him. I still fail to see the differences.

"Well, I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder." Salem started. "She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?"

"Well, the girl with the Sliver Eyes." Watts told her.

"Yes." Hazel said. "We've dealt with their kind before. How is it a novice was able to best one of us?"

"My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless."

"It is because of the Maiden's power." Salem said. "Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment." I saw that Cinder is unhappy about this and lowers her head. "Dr. Watts, you are to take Cinder's place and meet with our informant in Mistral."

"Alright."

"Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the Spring Maiden."

"Gladly." He said while laughing.

"And Hazel, I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure that Sienna Khan feels the same."

"As you wish." 

Cinder raises a finger. I saw that Emerald fails to notice this gesture for a moment. She leans in to hear her. After Cinder rasps into her ear, she straightens.