V:4 C:7 Slow Poison

(3rd Person)

Oscar sits on his bed in his room, reading a book by the light of a lantern.

"And why would I need to go to Mistral?" Oscar ask to...seemly no one.

"That because." A voice said to his head. "Many people are expecting me."

"Are you sure you aren't some friend I made up."

"No, I told you this countless times, the name is Professor Ozpin."

"You are not helping your case."

"I understand how you're feeling. I went through the same panic and confusion. But I... we need to go now."

"Okay and what will happen if I went there now? That I'm the new dead guy that was the headmaster of Beacon. You know what would happen?"

"Don't worry. Just." Ozpin took a deep breath. "I know you have no trust in me, but believe me, don't worry about it."

"Okay, yeah sure."

"Don't act smart with me, I told you I can read our thoughts." There was a quick paused. "Didn't you want more in your life?" This made Oscar pause for a moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weiss sits on her bed in her room with her head bowed and her hands folded in her lap, as Jacques paces in front of her. 

"Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable." Jacques said to her. He then suddenly stops, then turns and points at her. "Do you have any idea what your stunt cost us?"

"I-"

"And don't think I'm just talking about Lien here! Our reputation! Our... our..." He sighs angrily and holds his head, unable to come up with the words to finish expressing the gravity of her mistake. Weiss waits for a moment before speaking.

"I want to leave." She finally said, with confidence that she had back at Beacon.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said I want to leave. I don't want to stay here anymore. I don't want to stay in Altas anymore!" She said in her same tone of voice.

"Young lady, I don't give a damn about what you want! This isn't about you. This is about the Schnee family name and your apparent insistence on dragging it through the mud!" Weiss stand up from her bed. 

"I have done nothing but fight to uphold the honor of my family name, a name that you married into!" Jacques slaps Weiss hard on her left cheek, sending her head to the side as she gasps in reaction. She puts her hand on her cheek and turns to face her father, looking at him a little incredulously as she lowers her hand. He looks right back at her, unrepentant.

"This behavior of yours is incredibly disappointing." When he begins speaking again, his voice suddenly sounds calm yet intimidating. "You couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone to in order to keep this family where it is. You think running off like your sister is going to make the Schnee name stronger? You're wrong. Siding with her only divides us."

"I'm not siding with anyone. I'm doing what I feel is right, and that does not include wasting my time up here..." Jacques walk and roll his eyes with his daughter rant. "With these clueless people in Atlas. The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to lead. It's mine, and I'll do it as a Huntress." Jacques stops and slowly turns to face her again.

"No... you won't." As he speaks, he moves to stand in front of his daughter, peering down upon her. "You're not leaving Atlas. You're not to leave the manor grounds unless I specifically allow it. You are going to remain here, out of sight and out of trouble, until you and I come to an agreement on your future."