~CHAPTER 3~

*•*•*•So, Crap bag, what's your real name?•*•*•*
—————————————————————————

"Hey daddy" I said walking into my dad's study and shutting the door behind me.

"Hey honey" he says and turns his seat to face me. I lean down for him to give me a kiss on the cheek. "How was your day at school today?"

"Meh, nothing special. Same old same old. How was your day at work?"

"Meh, nothing special. Same old same old" he says imitating me. He chuckles and I smile at him. "Do you remember that heart transplant boy I was telling you about? Well, he's getting a heart tomorrow."

"That's amazing dad" I go over to him and hug him. "We should celebrate. I heard that a new ice-cream parlor opened up by school. Wanna go?"

"Sure, what car do you want to take?" he asked standing up from his desk and going over to the key bowl.

"Uhm- let's take the Range Rover." I say while pointing at the Range Rover keys.

He grabs the keys and we start to walk to the garage where all the cars are. Once we make it to the garage we get in the Range Rover and start to make our way to the ice-cream parlor. Dad lets me connect my phone to the aux and I put on my 'Dad's in the car' playlist. We start to sing along and dance to our favorite songs. About twenty minutes later we got to the ice-cream shop.

"Hello, I'm Hallie, welcome to I heart ice-cream. How can I help you?" the cashier said without enthusiasm and without looking away from her magazine. Dad and I gave each other some looks that only we know what they meant and then tried to contain our laughter. We walk up to the counter and then she finally looks up.

"Yes, hello, I would like a rocky road on a cone." he says and then looks at me. The cashier turns and looks at me.

"And you?" she asked annoyed. I look at my dad and try to contain my laughter again.

"Strawberry, also on a cone." I said and sent her a kind, warm fake smile.

We go to a table and wait for her to make our order. In the meanwhile, we talk a little.

"Wow, I thought you said this place was new?"

"It is. Seb told me about how packed it was when he came with Javi. He said that it's just a week old."

"Well, I have a guess on why it's empty" he says and we both start to laugh. We hear the bell at the counter ring and I turn in my chair.

"Your order is ready I hope you have a magical bubbly day and..." she says again without enthusiasm and then looks at her hand. "We hope you come back to I heart ice-cream" then she tries to give us a smile but it just looks awkward.

My dad goes and gets our ice-cream and thanks the girl who then proceeds to put on some earphones and ignore him. What a rude bitch. We go outside and realize it's a nice day for a walk. We start walking while eating our ice-cream cones and catching up. Once we're done, we go back to the car and start driving home.

"Can I put my phone in the aux again?" I ask while holding the aux cable.

"Sure, as long as you put on the 'Dad's in the car' playlist again." He says in a serious tone and I laugh a little. I put on a serious face and say

"Of course, what else would I put on?"

As I begin to connect my phone to the car's aux I hear honking. I look to where the honking was coming from and see a truck headed our way from dad's side. I don't see it stop, and the next thing I notice is the truck crashing into us. The car begins to roll over on the road and I hit my head. I shut my eyes very tightly and wait for the car to stop. When the car finally stops, I notice we are upside down. I look to my left and see my dad's eyes open and his head is bleeding. I start to move around and try to unbuckle my seatbelt but it's stuck, so I try to wiggle free, but I'm still stuck.