~CHAPTER 37~

*•*•*•YOU ALMOST KISSED?•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited.

"Wow." Marcus says taking a sip of his beer and I nod looking around the room.

"I know." I sigh. "So who wants to eat?" I stand up and mom chuckles.

"Let's got." We all stand up and start making our way to the dining room, when I remember I'm still wearing the grandma dress.

"I'll be right back I need to change out of the grandmother dress." I announce to no one in particular.

I go upstairs, making my way to my room. Once inside, I go straight to my closet to look for cute clothes. I end up grabbing an oversized orange knit sweater, a black leather skirt and some thigh high boots.

I throw on my outfit and grab the grandma dress. I go over to my trash can and contemplate whether I should throw it out or not, when my phone rings. I grab it and see that it's Chase calling. An instant smile overtakes my face.

"Hey!" I say in an overly cheery voice.

"Hey?" he says chuckling. "Why so happy?"

"Well I kicked my grandmother out of the house and you called."

"So you're happy I called?"

"I'm always happy you call. If you would've called me when I first got to Henderson I would've sent you to voicemail. But you've become a great friend so... now I'm happy when you call."

"Yeah friends." He says sounding different.

"So why'd you call?"

"Oh... I uh-I just wanted to see how your thanks giving was going. From the excitement in your voice I'm- I'm guessing great."

"Better than great. I'll have to tell you all about it when we get back. Here's a little sneak peek. My grandmother was like 'Oh.' And I was like 'Now get the fuck out of my house.' While everybody was like 'Oooooh.'"

"Sounds great princess. I'm glad you're having a good time."

"I really and." I take the grandma dress and a hanger and hang it in the very back of my closet. Don't ask me why. "How's your Thanks Giving going?"

"Well Charlotte broke a vase accidentally on purpose of course." He chuckles sounding more like himself. I smile at that and lay down on my bed continuing to listen to him talking. Forgetting completely that there are people downstairs waiting for me. I didn't care anyways. I only wanted to listen to him.

What is happening to me?

You're falling you dumbass.

Shh I can't listen to Chase.

There was a soft knock on my door before it opens revealing Caleb. I wave him over and he lays down next to me. He waits patiently for me to finish the call. Chase ends the call telling me that he had to go because Zoey was about to steal all of his monopoly money.

"How's my least favorite nephew?" I ask jokingly and he chuckles.

"Still older than you." He smiles and I roll my eyes. "Who was that? Had you as red as a tomato."

"Shut up. Let's go eat." I say stuffing my phone in my pocket.

"Great because we're all starving." He exaggerated the word stariving.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you were on the phone." He says as if that were an excuse. They all know I would end a call or conversation at the mention of food.