~CHAPTER 24~

*•*•*•With little golden flecks•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

After May left, Lucas, Lizzie and Cole left too because they remembered that they had an exam in their third period, Chase and I were the only ones that didn't have important thing to do in third period. We had AP Psych and well we didn't go. We were watching Tangled, after everybody left we decided it would be a good idea if we waited for them to continue watching the Harry Potter movies. At some point during the movie I went upstairs and got two McFlurries and sat down next to Chase handing him his.

"Thanks." He digs into his McFlurry and I do the same. "Hey when did you change out of your school clothes?"

"When I was taking the McFlurries to the fridge, I thought that since we're going to skip the whole day I might as well do it while being comfortable." I shrug and take another bite of my McFlurry and he nods.

"That was a good idea, why didn't I think about it?"
"Maybe I'm just smarter, well not maybe, I am smarter."

"Hey that's mean, don't call me dumb." He whines with a pouty lip and I laughed a little.

"I didn't call you dumb I just said I'm smarter."
"Debatable." I gasps and shove him as he chuckles. "Hey no shoving." He says and starts to tickle me. I'm laughing uncontrollably as he continues to tickle my sides. We get to the point where he's on top of me tickling me, when I raise my hands in surrender and he stops.

Once I finally got my breathing under control I notice that he's still on top of me. I look into his eyes and see that his eyes are like a greenish kind of blue color with little golden flecks. My eyes subconsciously make their way to his lips, but as soon as they went down they came back up to his eyes to see that they were already looking at my lips.

I feel him lean in or I leaned in, I don't know I just know no one stopped anyone. I should stop him though he's my roommate. But I don't want to stop him. He went to kiss me when we were interrupted by the door opening.  Chase gets off of me so quick it's almost as if he wasn't even on top of me, but he was. I slowly sat back up and look towards the door to see two freshmen whose names I think where Nathan and Alex. They give each other this look as if saying 'let's go'. They leave and I'm left with an uncomfortable silence, the only sound being the movie playing.

"I- I'm going to go." He says and goes to stand up but I grab his wrist and he looks at me.

"You don't have to go." I say so softly it's almost a whisper.

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"Because you're happy with Max and... I just got to go." He takes his wrist out of my grasp and leaves the common room. I sigh running a hand through my hair and paused the movie. What just happened? I hear the door open again and see that May, Lucas, Lizzie and Cole were entering.

"Hello gorgeous" Lizzie says. "Maddie?"

"Yeah?" I look up from my lap and at her.

"You okay Madd's?" Lucas asks me and I clear my throat.

"Uhm, yeah, yeah just a weird day."

"So why did Chase leave?" Cole asks

"I don't know." I shake my head and shrug. Oh but I do know. He just didn't want to kiss me. Did I want to kiss him? Yes I did. Do I know why? No I don't. Why didn't he want to kiss me? Ooh I know, because he doesn't like you. God why am I so worked up about this, he's my roommate.