~CHAPTER 58~

*•*•*•Make a wish already!•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

"Happy birthday!" I heard a voice whisper in my ear and I groan turning towards the comfort of the other side of my bed, and away from Chase.

Yesterday Tom walked into the room and told us that there was no need to keep me one more night. Told me that I could leave. I called mom over and she signed all of the release papers and we hauled ass out of the hospital.

I was in crutches and had a banged on my shoulder that had to be changed twice a day, but at least I would be able to sleep in my own home, in my own bed with my boyfriend and with the comfort of knowing that Sebastian was next door and not a terminally ill war veteran who wouldn't live another week.

It was really depressing being in that hospital even if it was only for three days of consciousness. It felt like more. When you have nothing to do, but be used as a human blood bag to run test on to see if you're okay, it gets long and boring.

On the way out the door, Tom wished me a Happy birthday, that he was happy to see me again, sad that it was under such circumstances. I understood that he truly felt bad and it hurt him to see me the way he did, knowing he saw me the same only eight months ago.

I lost my father he lost his best friend. Part of me thinks that he let me leave the hospital so early after the crash knowing that I wouldn't want to be In the same place where my father worked and was grieved, on my birthday.

"Shut up, I'm sleeping." I turn his way again and grab his face when he's about to speak again. I grab his lips with my index and thumb fingers and he pulls back grabbing my hands making me release a defeated sigh.

"No. It's your birthday!"

"Yeah and?" I keep my eyes closed and he tries to open them. I lay on my back to get his hands away from my eyes and push his hands away not ready to face the world.

"You are legal."

"Jail time for real." I nod still not opening my eyes, but I can feel the confusion radiating off of him.

"Why?"

"Your seventeen." I explain and nod as if I were in thought. "I think we should break up."

"Be so for real." He deadpans making me smile and turn his way still not opening me eyes.

"I am, I'm too pretty for jail and you look too innocent, the cops would take one look at this blonde and be like that bitch is going straight to jail. She likes minors." I say and sigh opening my eyes. "I don't want to be somebody's bitch."

At that he cackles and it sends happiness throughout my whole body forming a smile on my lips which he kisses.

"Happy birthday princess."

"Thank you Teddy."

"Why Teddy?"

"I think Bugsy is very personal for you since your family used to call you that, so I resorted to Teddy."

"As in..."

"Bear duh." I roll my eyes in a 'you should know this' manner and he shakes his head smiling at me.

"Go back to Bugsy."

"Nope, it's too late, Teddy. Now you're stuck being a Teddy. Oh who am I kidding, you've always been a Teddy."

"I beg of you don't call me Teddy." He says his voice pleading and I smile at him. "I don't think Teddy fits me... I'm thinking something along the lines of spiky."