~CHAPTER 19~

*•*•*•Can I feel sorry for you now?•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

I found myself once again running laps around the soccer field at 5:00 in the morning. I was sleeping peacefully when a nightmare struck. I just want to cry, but I know that if I start to cry I won't be able to stop. Chase woke up but I told him that I was fine and that he could go back to sleep. Sleep, I need to sleep. I just keep getting the same three nightmares over and over again. This time when my legs felt like jelly I just kept pushing. When I'm done I go to the twilight clearing as I like to call it. And just lay there for a couple of minutes till I hear someone come my way.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm just laying here."

"Clearly." He says and lay's down next to me. "My question is why are you laying down here?"

"Because I'm tired."

"Of what?"

"Of running."

"Why were you running?"

"Because I didn't want to go back to sleep." I pause. "Because nightmares are a bitch, and they hate me, so they're on a repetitive loop in my mind, and they drive me fucking crazy, and make me want to cry all the time, and I don't want to fucking cry."

"I'm sorry Addie." He says and I smile at the nickname.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I smile sadly and turn to face him. "It's not your fault. You shouldn't feel obligated to say sorry because society dictates that we should feel sorry for people that are having a bad day."

"But you're not having a bad day. You're having a bad month. Can I feel sorry for you now?"

"Nope." I say, he chuckles and I smile a little.

"Okay then. If I can't feel sorry for you can I at least take you to breakfast everybody is waiting for us."

"Sure, let's go." I extend my hands like the lazy person that I am and he helps me up. "Thank you."

We make our way to the dining hall and he grabbed breakfast for the both of us, while I went to say hello to everybody. When he came back he had come back with two bowls of cereal, and I smile at him. I'm just going to eat this and not say anything, he did a thoughtful thing and I'm not going to complain.

Ooh but how you want to tell him that you hate cereal.

Shut up.

We continue eating and talking for the rest of the morning. Well they were eating I was just playing with my cereal.

"You good?" Chas asks and I nod.

"Not really that hungry but thank you."  He smiles a real smile at me and I smile back. I love his real smile he has this cute boyish smile that show off all his teeth and make the corner of his eyes crinkle. It's the cutest smile ever. "You should smile more."

"I'll think about it." The rest of the morning was spent doing nothing in the dining hall just talking about what the plans for the day were. After we left the dining hall the girls went back to Alastair, and us obviously to Fredrickson. The girls asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with them and I told them I had some school assignments to finish but as soon as I finished, we could all go.

"Hey, what is the square root of fifty plus seven times x minus 8?"

"Is it 15?"

"I don't know that's why I'm asking you."