~CHAPTER 46~

*•*•*•Take care of her while I'm gone•*•*•*
————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

It was currently eight a.m. the next day and I had just gotten to Oakley's house. I didn't make any stops other than gas, so when I got out of the car and got my bags she already had the door open for me. She walks out and comes to hug me. When I fall into her warm embrace I instantly cry what was left of me. It must sound ridiculous because I was nothing to her, but she was something to me. It may have only been four months, but they say that it only takes a second to fall in love. She stole that second along with my heart. But that's what falling in love requires, getting your heart stolen by another.

"I'm sorry." She says rubbing my back in a comforting manner.

"How'd you know?" I sniffle.

"You didn't sound like Chase over the phone." She pulls away holding my face in her hands.

"Thanks for letting me stay."

"You can stay as long as you want." She says, wiping away some tears that fell out of my eyes.

"Where are my niece and nephew?"

"They went out with Jerry, I told him to take them out, because I wanted to talk with you." I nod and she rubs my arm. I look around some tears falling down my face and speak.

"She hates me." She shakes her head grabbing my bag.

"Let's go inside and talk."

We walk inside and I take off my shoes at the entrance sitting down on the couch and Oak drops my bag next to the sofa, sitting down next to me.

"What happened Chase?"

"After you called last night she told me she liked me and I said it back, but then this morning I was woken up by her best friend telling me that Maddie was freaking out and I went over to her best friend's room seeing Maddie all shaken up. When I asked her what was wrong and she just pushed me away. Then this morning when I was walking out of the dining hall she was there and I told her how I really felt. I told her I loved her and she said, she said that she didn't like me like that. And that it was all a mistake, that the kiss, us being friends, and us even meeting was all a mistake. That's when I called you to ask if I could come here." I say sniffling and wiping away some tears

"Oh Chase. Come here." She opens her arms for me to hug her and I scooch over so that she can hug me.

"Why would she do that?"

"I don't know sweetie I don't know." I hear the door open and the voices of my niece and nephew and I stand up my back facing them, wipping away some tears before I turn towards them.

"Uncle Chase!!" I hear Jessie scream and start running to me.

"Hey bugaboo. " I open my arms and she jumps into my arms. I smile hugging her and she pulls away.

"We really missed you, I'm sorry we couldn't be there for Thanks giving, but daddy was sick and so was Casey and I. We're better now." She explains all so fast and smiling hard. God I love my nieces and nephews.

"Well that's amazing. Now we can play while I'm here." Her eyes light up and she smiles nodding her head very fast. She starts telling me about school and all of the friends she's made when I feel a tug on my pants. I look down and see Casey smiling also.

"Uncle Chase." I put his sister down crouching down so I'm at his eye level.

"What's up little man?" I smile but his smile falls and a frown takes place where the smile once was.