~CHAPTER 56~

*•*•*•Love is the silent killer•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

"Chase?" I heard somebody say before they knocked on the door of Maddie's hospital room.

I've been staying here for two nights. I'm scared that if I leave her side she might leave my life. There hasn't been much change since the crash. She rejected the breathing tube, but didn't wake up.

Marcus, Nat, May, Lucas, Lizzie and Cole had been taking shifts coming in to see her. Marcus and Nat came the least because they still had to take care of the kids back at the house. All of the kids visited her once and as soon as they came, they left. They couldn't stand to see her like this. I couldn't stand to see her like this either. But I couldn't leave her alone, I was scared.

I look up from my position sitting next to her to the door just in time to see it open. Caleb walks in and smiles a sad smile at me.

"How is she?" He asks handing me a cup of coffee.

"Just the same. She rejected the intubation this morning, she didn't wake up though. The doctor says that this a good sign."

"It is. It means she's breathing on her own. That's a step closer to waking up."

"I really wish she took faster steps."

"Me too man, me too." He takes a seat next to the tray table. "How are you?"

"Hanging on. Living for the day she wakes up." I say tired smiling and he chuckles with me.

"Have you slept at all?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I'm scared that if I close my eyes for just one second she'll leave."

"You should sleep man. I'll make sure she doesn't have ulterior motives." He says and o smile setting my coffee downs and looking at her before leaning back in my chair and closing my eyes.

***

"Chase wake up!" Cole yells in my ear and I flinch at the abrupt sound. I open my eyes and see a team of nurses entering the room, running around. I look around in a panic and Cole drags me away. I stand up and we walk towards the outside of the room, looking in through the windows.

I see as the nurses lower her bed and take away pillows, starting compressions. The keep going, but it doesn't work. It's too late. The line on the monitor went flat. She died

I collapsed on the floor in tears and heartache.

...
ONE WEEK LATER

Caskets, black clothes, rain, flowers, sad eyes, tired eyes, crying kids, crying adults. Those things filled my week and everybody else's.

I don't want to be here. I shouldn't be here. She always says that the people she loves, leave her or die. But she was wrong. I loved her and she left me. And it hurts like hell. It hurts so much that I feel it all over.

The funeral goes on and I can't stay so I politely excuse myself and go to the car we came in. And lean against it. I try calm down my breathing like Cole taught me and I'm able to relax a little still crying.

***

I wake up gasping and looking around tears falling down my cheeks. I look around my vision blurry, but I see a startled Marcus.

I calm down when I see that Maddie is still there. I lay my head between my legs and Marcus puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Chase, are you okay?" He asks and I chuckle humorlessly.

"No." I sniffle and look at her

"You love her a lot don't you?" He asks and I look at him.

"With my whole heart." I look back at her. "I will never forget the day that I saw her for the first time. She was on the phone screaming at someone that Henderson wasn't her home and that her real home was with Sebastian here."

"Later that day though. I was going up to my room and I saw her there sitting all angel like, as if I hadn't see her screaming into a phone two hours earlier. And that moment when she was just sitting there looking at me and the guys, I knew I wanted to date her."

"It wasn't till Halloween that I decided I wanted to marry her some day." I chuckle. "She was in a bad situation and from then on I didn't want to do anything that wasn't protect her."

"That's how I felt about Shawn." He says and I smile slightly, because I've seen their dynamic and how well they work together.

"Love is the silent killer." I say and he nods.

"She going to wake up. She's a fighter."

"She is." She'll be alright. I grab her hand and bring it up to my lips to kiss it.

"I'm going to go talk to the doctor. I'll be back."

I nod and he closes the door. When he leaves I turn towards Addie again and sniffle .

"Hey princess." I say and sniffle looking at my unconscious princess. "It's me. Chase. I don't know if you can hear this or not. I hope that you can."

"I need you to wake up Addie." I say and rest my head against the side or her bed. "I need to see those beautiful eyes shine again. I want to tell you how much I love you. Over and over and over again."

"I love you Maddison Alexandra McKenna. And you love me and I just need for this to be some sort of closure for you so that you can start with me. We still haven't started. This can't be how our story ends. You can't die on me. My heart will not be the same. My life won't be the same and neither will Cole's or May's or Lizzie's or Lucas' or even you moms. She loves you with her whole heart and you need to wake up for her. If you won't open those pretty eyes for me, open them for her."

"The love that everybody has for you is insane. I can almost guarantee that there is not a room in this hospital that contains this much love." I let my tears soak the mattress underneath my head. "I need to you wake up princess so that you can feel this immense amount of love."

"I need you to wake up. Because I don't think I'll be able to survive without you. It was hell being three days without you. I can't imagine an eternity. It would just be too cruel to think about. Life without is painful, dark and lonely. I need for you wake up." I sob not caring of anybody hears me.

"Princess we haven't started. We need to start. Our story isn't over yet. Your story isn't over yet. You still have so much to tell. I haven't met you. I haven't gotten to know you. I need to know who the love of my life is."

"What do you want to know?" I hear a raspy voice say and my sob suddenly halt and I lift my head to see my girl with her eyes open and smiling at me.

"Princess." A sob racks through me as I drop my head in relief

"Hey Bugsy." She smiles tiredly at me and I kiss her hand again. She's awake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

SHE'S AWAKE!!! She's awake, she's awake, she's awake. You guys knew that I couldn't let her die, she's too important to die. I love them, I love them, I love them. Leave in the comments if you guys thought she was really going to die.

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote and share.

I will see all of you in a bit. Byeee