~CHAPTER 48~

*•*•*•I'm sad•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

I was sleeping or crying when I heard a knock on my door, followed by four people opening it and sticking their heads inside. They walked in and all sat in a row on my bed while I looked at them from Chase's bed. I closed my eyes and hugged his pillow closer to me. It smells like him.

"What happened today Maddie?"

"I messed up." I say honestly and they give each other confused faces. "I pushed the love of my life away."

"Why?"

"I'm gonna need to find that reason myself before I share it with anyone else." I say as more tears spill out of my eyes. I don't deserve to be sad. I wasn't the wronged I was who did the wronging.

"Maddie." May says and I shake my head.

"I just wanna sleep." I say. "Please?"

"Sure." May stands up and opens the door. "I'll be back later."

"Okay. I'll be here."

...

Maybe that was a lie. I stayed there for a while but when I heard voices outside my door I opened a window and climbed down the ladder that I had placed there for sneaking out purposes. I couldn't be there, I had to escape. So I did I ran over to the parking lot and got in my car. I drove away from my problems. I didn't know where I was going but I kept driving until I eventually ended up at the Chinese place that Lexi worked at.

I got out of my car and started walking towards the door. When I walked in she looked up smiling and when she saw me an instant scowl took place where there once was a smile. She sighs and turns around cleaning a counter. There was nobody else here it was almost closing hour after all.

"I told you many weeks ago that if you ever hurt him not to come to me."

"You were right. I saw it, but I think it was too late. I ruined everything Lexi." I cried and she rolled her eyes.

"Pull yourself together." She says handing me a napkin to dry my eyes. "You'll be okay."

"He told me he loved me."

"I know. He told me."

"When? Is he staying close?"

"Nope he's with his sister."

"Where?"

"My location sharing skills are not working right now try in three to four business days."

"Lexi please. I know that I fucked up bad and I fucking hate myself for it too. He told me he loved me and I just pushed him away. I pushed him away."

"I know he told me."

"When?"

"Earlier today. He told me that he was leaving and that he needed some food for the road, I saw his teary eyes and sat him down and he told me everything. Or at least I pried it out of him." She says closing the cash register. "Now are you going to tell me your side of the story? Because he knows that you didn't just do that because of nothing." She sigh looking at me. I nod and we go sit down at a booth.

"I'm an orphan."

"Maddie-"

"Don't, I'm not looking for pity. I just wanna tell it like it is. I'm an orphan. My mom died when she gave birth to me. And my father died in a car crash in March. That broke my heart. I really fucking miss him. I have the unfortunate luck of loving people who end up dying or leaving. I had a nightmare last night and reality hit me like a fucking train. If I love Chase and he loves me then he'll only end up dead. I didn't want him to die." I sob wiping away my tears. "I love Chase, I think I've loved him for a while now, I just didn't want to accept it. It meant reality and I really didn't want reality to take away the love of my life. I fucking did that all by myself."