~CHAPTER 26~

*•*•*•But it's all the same to me•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

It's been one week since my almost kiss with Chase and things have well gone back to normal, I had taken Cole's advice and went on another date with Max. This date was better than the last and we decided to go out next weekend again.

We were all currently in the art room doing nothing, while Ms. J grades art works. Our math teacher Mr. Waters was visiting his family in Kansas and she offered to be our substitute for the week. In the time that I've been in Henderson Ms. J has become my favorite teacher even if I suck ass at her class. And I know I've become her favorite student even if she won't admit it.

"What are we gonna do for Halloween?" May asks laying down on the floor next to the guys feet's with her own on top of Lizzie, who is resting her back against Lucas's legs, whereas I'm lying across their laps holding May's hand. We're all in a weird position but I can't imagine us being situated any other way.

"I don't know, I don't even know what I'm gonna wear." I say closing my eyes.

"We can do a group costume. All three of us." Lizzie says and May and I agree with her. I open my eyes when I feel a hand run their way through my hair and see that it's Chase's hand and smile at him.

"What about us." Lucas asks signaling at the three of them while Chase and Cole look at him as if he's crazy.

"We're not doing a group costume Lucas." Chase say and Lucas's smile fades.

"Don't worry Lucas you can join our group costume." I smile at him and excitement lights up his face once more.

"Yay. So what are you guys thinking?"

"I don't know maybe we can go as prisoners and you can be a cop."

"That's too cliché."

"You're right, we'll think of something don't worry."

"Yeah..." he sighs and I chuckle at him.

"In the meantime, I heard there's a haunted house in town we can go this weekend." Almost everybody agrees with me except Chase. "What about you Chase, you coming?" I look at him and see that he's already looking at me.

"Yeah, sure." He nods and kept running his hand through my hair.

"Ooh maybe you can invite Lexi, I'm sure she would love to come right?"

"Yeah she would love that." He smiles nodding.

...

Ahh lunch my favorite time of the day. Today the girls and I decided would sneak out to go get burgers. I can eat my weight in burgers or so says Sebastian. He's not wrong though. I'm a bottomless pit when it comes to food. After art we went to all of our classes like the good students that we are. And now well as you know we're going to get burgers out of school.

"Hey Officer Smith." I say laying my head on my hands that are perched at the edge of the half door of the guard booth.

"Hey Maddie what brings you here today?"

"Super-secret sneak out session with the girls." He laughs shaking his head

"Make sure, Mr. Cooper doesn't catch you or I will be in trouble."

"Thanks, Tom. See you soon." The girls and I walk towards my car and hop in, buckling our seatbelts and leaving the gates of school. "Okay so where are we going?"