~CHAPTER 40~

*•*•*•Ho ho ho. No you don't sista.•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

Thanks Giving. An annual national holiday marked by religious observances and a traditional meal including turkey. Or as I like to call it. The only annual celebration that my father makes me attend because his parents always visit and he doesn't want to look bad in front of them. I love Thanks giving sometimes, other times I just wish I were back in Henderson. I only come here on Thanks giving because of my sisters and my mom, no one else.

"Chase the grandparents are almost here." Dawn says knocking at my door. Shit. I grab my tie and Speedy Gonzales my way downstairs. Where Oakley was waiting for me to hand her my tie. So I don't know how to tie a tie. So what? Not many people do, I just happen to fall in that crowd. The 'no tie tying tiers'

"You seriously need to learn how to tie your tie." She says shaking her head in fake disappointment.

"Now why would I do that if I got you?" I say and she laughs sarcastically.

"Doesn't your school uniform require a tie?"

"Yes it does."

"Who ties it for you then?"

"Nobody. It used to be Lucas or Cole but after two years of tying my tie for me they get tired and don't want to do it anymore, so I just walk around school without my tie."

"Nice." She says and continues concentrating on my tie. "Okay we're all done here." We hear two beeps outside and I open the door.

"Chase!! Get over here my pretty boy." My grandma says from next to my grandfather who had already opened her door.

My grandma and grandpa are the most lovey dovey couple you'll ever meet. They met when they were nineteen and they fell in love. They were each other's first everything. First kiss, first boyfriend and girlfriend, first date, like I said first everything. They got married two years after they met and ten months later my father was born. They have been together for fifty years. Still in love.

"Hey grandma." I walk over to her and crouch down to hug her.

"You are too tall. Are you still playing soccer?" She asks smiling while my grandpa grabs her purse for her.

"That I am." I smile. My grandmother has the kindest heart I've ever seen. She's just the best person ever. So is my grandfather, it's like they were made for each other. I love my father, but sometimes I wonder how he came from these two.

"How's school."

"School is great. I got a new roommate. More friends, same grades."

"That's great, that's great." She says and pats my cheek. "Well what are we doing here lets go inside." We walk inside heading straight for the kitchen where almost everybody was. They all exchange their  greeting. We all grab our drinks and head straight to the living room where Bailey and Zoe are playing with Isabella. Grandma immediately goes over to Isabella and grabs her, kissing Bails and Zoe's cheeks.

"Zo-Zo." My grandfather says entering the living room with dad right behind him.

"Hey grandpa."

"How's school?"

"Horrible. They have us learning about geometry. It's pure hell." She whines.

"Zoey Brook Hudson. We do not swear in this house." Mom scolds Zoe making most of us chuckle quietly.

"Sorry mom." Zoe chuckles sheepishly and I laugh going upstairs to get the monopoly mom had asked me to get like two hours ago.
...

"You are such a cheater." Zoe says rather loudly and I shake my head smiling.