~CHAPTER 49~

*•*•*•Don't make eye contact.•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

"Hey." I say and there was a silence before he sighs and sniffles.

"Hey princess."

"Hey."

"You kind of already said that." He says and I hear some footsteps and a door shutting. There was a long silence and then he spoke. "What happened Maddie?" Ouch. He hadn't called me Maddie in ages.

"I miss us." I sigh and I can feel him nodding.

"Was there ever an 'us'?" double ouch.

"I like to believe that there could've been."

"Did you call me just to tell me that there could've been an 'us', or was there anything else?"

"I miss us. I miss you. I miss everything." I wipe away my tears and sniffle.

"I bet you do." He says and I sigh

"Don't you?"

"Of course I do. But I left so I didn't have to see you and have my heart broken every time I did."

"Chase come on the Minnesota Holiday Light Display's wait for no one. And neither does my friend Michelle, she's working there this week and is getting us a good deal." I heard a woman who I'm guessing is his sister say.

"Coming."

"Uncle Chase!!" I hear another voice say. And a chuckle from Chase. I miss his laugh. I miss everything.

"Look I have to go." He says and hangs up. I'm left here with my phone to my ear and new information. He's in Minnesota. I drop my phone on that bed and walk out of the room heading straight to Cole and Lucas' room. I knock on the door until Cole opens the door.

"What's up?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Where is he?"

"What?"

"Chase. Where is he?"

"He said no to tell you." Cole says going into his room and sitting on his bed going back to studying. I follow him into his room shutting the door behind me and I sit in front of him and close his books making his attention go to me.

"Look I know he's in Minnesota I just need to know where."

"I'm afraid I can't tell you."

"God. Come on."

"He left for a reason Maddie."

"Fine." I say and open his books again and leave. I'm just gonna have to find out myself. Shit that sounded evil. I mean I'm gonna find him in a not so creepy and stalky way.

I go to my dorm and get my laptop searching the Minnesota Holiday Light Display. Minnesota state fairgrounds. Flacon Heights? Fuck yes. I don't want to be a pessimist but if things don't go my way I can stay with my aunt. Aunt Carol?  Not that bitch I mean aunt Pamela, my father's sister. Why didn't Sebastian go with her when his parents died? Because my dear uncle had chosen my father due to the fact that one, he was a father and two, Sebastian and I had always been inseparable, so it worked out well.

I grab a bag and pack light. If things don't turn out my way then I can just come back really quickly. I grabbed my jacket, my keys and my phone with its charger and left. I went down the stairs and directly to the parking lot. I put in some direction into the GPS and I started to drive.