~CHAPTER 39~

*•*•*•I have a girl who is a friend•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

I'm awaken by a ringing. I turn over and check my phone to see that Addie is calling me. I immediately answer the phone. After dad got home we ate dinner and we went to sleep right after.

"Hello?" I say groggily and she doesn't say anything. "Princess?"

"Hey." She say with a shaky voice making me worry instantly.

"Is everything okay?"

"Totally." She clears her throat. I sit up and turn on the lamp that's on my bedside table and speak.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Accidental butt dial."

"While you're sleeping?" I ask making her sigh. "What's wrong Addie?"

"I uh- I had a nightmare." I sigh. Fuck I wish I was there with her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I clear my throat.

"No."

"Do you want to hang up?"

"No."

"Do you want to just talk?"

"No. Can you just stay on the phone?" she and I can hear the nervousness in her voice.

"I can do that." Not long after she falls asleep. "I like you Addie. Ha that's no secrete though. I think everybody except you knows it. And I don't want to tell you. Well I'm telling you but you're unconscious so... I don't think it counts. I'll call you tomorrow. Goodnight princess." I sigh running a hand down my face throwing my phone across the room.

"So you do like her." Charlotte says from the door making me curse.

"Fuck Char a warning might be great next time."

"Heads up I'm gonna speak." She says and continues. "How long have you known you love her?" she asks moving further into the room. She goes around my bed and sits next to me.

"I've liked her since the moment she stood up from the spare bed in our room introducing herself."

"Loved?"

"Since Halloween." I look at her and sigh leaning back against the head board. That felt good to say out loud.

"What made you realize you loved her."

"She got beat up on Halloween. Blood running down her nose and lip type of beat up. And I just I couldn't stand to see her like that you know. She looked so broken and sad. And all I wanted to do was take all her pain away so she didn't have to feel it. I wanted to kill whoever had done that to her. When she looked at me with those big blue eyes I felt something inside of me tell me to never let her go. To protect her. And that's all I've been trying to do since that day."

"Who knew Bugsy would be so head over heels for a girl."

"Shut up."

"She sounds like a great girl. Don't let her go."

"I'm not planning on it."

...

"Wake up jackass." Charlotte hits me with a pillow and I groan.

"Fuck off."

"Watch you fucking language asshole there are children in the house." She says and I flip her off burying my face deeper into my pillows. "Come on lover boy mom made breakfast and we're all waiting for you." I groan and she starts dragging me downstairs. We make it into the kitchen and I see everybody here. Except dad who was working like always.