~CHAPTER 36~

*•*•*•Thanks Giving sky rocketed to the losing your finger while cutting the turkey didn't it?•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

Thanks Giving, an annual national holiday marked by religious observances and a traditional meal including turkey. Or as we like to call it in my house, annual hell on earth day. It can get as dangerous as loosing a finger while cutting the turkey, or as low key as telling everybody you're gay, just like my brother did many Thanks Givings ago. The only two days a year when everybody stays at our house. They come Thanks Giving day and leave after Black Friday.

You see my father has a deal with my mothers side of the family. That as long as I can talk and breath, these people that my mother used to call family, come over, stay, chat, eat and annoy the living hell out of everybody that's sane in this household.

"Maddie you've got to stop freaking out, their your grandparents what's the worst that could happen?" May says from Sebastian's lap. And Lizzie nods along.

I was currently running around my room like a crazy person hiding my shit, because my grandparents would be here today, so would my aunt, uncle and cousins.

"You guys don't know my grandparents, they... hmm they once searched my room for drugs because they thought I was high when I had said that I didn't like the peas that my grandmother had brought. I was nine." I said and they wince at the thought.

"That's true. That was one rough Christmas."

"That was at Christmas?" Lizzie asks and I nod.

"My grandparents don't care, they just do whatever they please. They want to eat the lay piece of cake knowing damn well that you haven't eaten yet? They will eat it with no mercy. They want to criticize you about every life choice you've made, they will no matter how hard you try and change the subject."

"Your aunt Carol is even worse."

"Ain't that the truth. They say that apple doesn't fall far from the tree? That apple never left the tree." I finish hiding my shit and turn to Seb. "You hid all of your stuff?"

"All that's left is my guitar. That goes inside Natasha's bedroom since they never go in there." He states.

"Wait you've got to hide your stuff from the grandparents too?" May turns to him and he nods.

"Yeah. I'm like Maddie's brother, if they feel like Maddie's hiding shit they will search my room."

"Oh that's just too much."

"Yeah it is." I say and go into my closet looking for an outfit my grandmother bought me. "Sebastian where's the goodwill box?" I ask as I start looking through my closet.

"In the garage, but your dress is in laundry room ironed." He answers.

"Thank you." I say and start to make my way out of my closet. As I make my way out of the room I stop. "Wait who ironed it?"

"Nat." He says rolling his eyes. I smile and make my way out of my room and into the laundry room. There it is. The ugliest dress to ever be seen on this planet. I grab it and start walking up the stairs. I walk into my room and hang it on my closet door.

"Oh my god what is that?" Lizzie says and I chuckle.

This dress was the dress that my grandmother wore when she met my grandfather she said that it was her lucky dress and the. She gave it to my mom to wear and when I was old it enough my grandmother gave it to me. I now have to wear it every Thanks Giving.