Chapter 54: Danger Zone

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴅɪsᴛᴜʀʙɪɴɢ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs • ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ • ᴄʀᴇᴇᴘʏ • sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ/ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs • ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ • ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • 𝟷𝟾+)

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Kurama's P.O.V

Standing quietly beside a now chanting Naruto, I gave my bottom lip a nip with my sharp teeth.

Nervousness filled my entire body as I watched as the blonde demon below me executed the plan we both came up with just a while ago.

Sitting in the spot he was standing in all the while, his legs were crossed over the other and his arms were forced outward towards the end table he sat by, his hands working into claws.

Humming and murmuring the language we both were extremely fond of, his blood shot eyes were fixed to roll in the back of his head which made his pupils nonexistent. So now his eyes were only a shade of white and nothing more.

It was truly a grand sight to see.

The tracking ritual he was implementing took a little more power than the other rituals he's done, especially since he has to pinpoint a location only through a dialing phone which steadily rings.

Position, on the top of the said end table in front of the chanting Naruto, lay Temari's phone which rang the number of the demon hunters themselves in which she had miraculously found along with her friends.

All three girls sat huddled close together on the couch before us with fear spilling from their very beings, their young eyes and ears steady taking in the actions Naruto was steadily partaking in.

He hummed and whispered more slurred chants, tilting his head upward which caused his spiky blonde hair to shift and sway constantly.

I stood silently, beside his form, just watching him.

Many minutes passed and all four of us waited to see a different response from Naruto, occasionally Temari leaping forward to recall the number since everytime we were only taken to a
"not available," machine.

Just like now, the phone dials died down and just before Naruto was thrown out of his spell, Temari leaped up and gave the front of her phone a tap, clicking a button which redialed the number.

I watched with my brown eyes as Naruto's body grew tense for a split second once his inhuman ears heard no ring from the phone but relaxed when it resurfaced again.

The rings were loud and repetitive through the entire living room, a strong enough volume for Naruto to concentrate on.

He clicked his tongue, bringing it to the roof of his mouth repeatedly, soon moving his clawed hands into circles before the phone.