Chapter 35: Keeping The Flow

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴍɪɴᴏʀ ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ • ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ • sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ • ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs/ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ • ᴀɴɢsᴛ • 𝟷𝟾+)

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Temari's P.O.V

"Beep...

Sorry, but the person you're trying to call is unavailable. Please try again later."

My eyes widened largely as I sat on the couch in Hiashi's living room, everyone crowded around me.

At the sound of the voicemail, Ino and Sakura let out loud surprised gasps while Hanabi and Mr. Hiashi squinted their eyes in confusion. "Well.. What does that mean?" Hiashi blurted out impatiently which caused me to let out a sigh, one of my fingers taping at the red button below which hung up the call for the ninth time.

My eyes narrowed to see the same number once again.. The number which belonged to those demons hunters. But it seems they aren't answering.

It seems to me that they're nowhere to be found.

It's completely, driving me insane. We are in dire need for assistance. And the last thing we need is for those demon hunters to leave us hanging.

The demon is still walking around, damn it!

The hunters haven't accomplished their mission so they should be doing that. It just makes me so mad.

Hinata needs them!

Hiashi raised an eyebrow at my silence but Ino turned to answer his earlier question while I sat in silence, my mind filled with many troubling thoughts.

Ino put up a small frown and sighed. "We can't reach the people that can help Hinata. It seems as if they're gone or something." She responded back with a frown, her words instantly sparking a negative reaction out of Hinata's worried father.

His face scrunched up massively, his lips forming a deep scowl. He moved to point at my phone, glaring. "No! Call them again. Keep calling them if you have to. We can't just give up." He instructed loudly, his pointer finger rapidly pointing at my phone. We all let out a sigh at his outburst but I had no choice but to do as he said. If I didn't, it wouldn't calm his nerves.

But it's certainly clear that, the demon hunters want nothing to do with us anymore. They would've called us, checked up on us, did something. But no…

They're gone like they've never existed…

And it truly hurts my soul as well as my heart.

This, hurts…

I put up a frown but quickly did what Hiashi wanted, clicking the number that could contact the hunters and listening to the ringing.

But just like before, it immediately rushed to the unavailable voicemail. So, I did it again.