Chapter 56: Love And War

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ɢᴏʀᴇ • ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ • sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ/ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs • ᴠᴜʟɢᴀʀ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ • ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • 𝟷𝟾+)

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

-Somewhere Deep In The Night-

Nighttime is a time of the day where the sun sets, out of view and instead the moon takes its place. Darkness shrouds the sky.

But not, completely.

Stars, beautiful balls of fire decorate the sky like ornaments on a tree, giving the world light.

Nighttime was quite peaceful.

But tonight, was different. Something unexplainable was happening within the air.

An eerie sensation traveled brusquely within the brisk wind which unfortunately upset the animals in the forest.

Wolves howled and weeped. Birds and owls chirped and cooed, over and over again. Even the bugs seemed upset, flying crazily and wildly in the air as if they had little control over their own bodies; just desperate to hide from the strange outside world.

Today, this night, felt unusual.

Menacing.

And that, was because a great battle of good and evil was unfolding this very moment, deep within the woods where a large, white building was stationed. In the middle of the wilderness, was where the building was located which shook and rattled, unstably standing upright.

But, if you listened closely, distant screaming and cries of battle could be heard echoing throughout the forest, upsetting nature, itself.

Naruto's P.O.V

Punch.

Jab.

Kick.

Scratch.

Scream.

The once peaceful hideout that was filled with demon hunters was now a horror show as Kurama and I scoured the halls and made a waste of the people that ran within them.

Many hunters rushed at us in waves, welding different weapons and honing a disparate set of skills.

But with anger, hatred fueling my heart, I was too much of a threat to take down. The hunters didn't stand a chance.

While running side by side through another endless hallway, Kurama and I ran into yet another wave of hunters. These particular sets of hunters held guns and swords to fight their battles.

This, is wave two.

Wave one was a pathetic bunch with only guns which didn't affect us at all. Our bodies move too fast to be stopped by measly bullets. So the men fell as soon as they arrived.