Chapter 63: Retribution

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ • ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ sᴍᴜᴛ • ғʀᴇᴀᴋʏ • sᴛᴇᴀᴍʏ • ᴅɪʀᴛʏ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ • ɴᴀᴜɢʜᴛʏ ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇs • sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs/ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ • ᴄʜɪʟʟɪɴɢ • sᴜsᴘᴇɴsᴇғᴜʟ • ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀɪɴɢ • ʟᴏɴɢ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • 𝟷𝟾+

A.N.

Sorry for the wait. College's kept me busy. But here ya go. Hope you enjoy!

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Yahiko's P.O.V

Beep. Beep. Beep.

In the midst of the chaos that has befallen my very own hideout, my ears could pick up a faint buzzing sound, which held a vibration along with its constant noise.

The vibration was mild but highly annoying for I found it to be coming from the side pocket of my hunter's cloak, my narrowed eyes snapping down towards my right hip.

The noise was repeated, never-ending it would seem, which finally caused me to stop dead in my tracks, stopping my journey through my very own fortress. I placed my task to find the demon Naruto to a halt.

But only for a second.

Sasori, who accompanied me on my journey, instantly noticed the change in my pace and was quick to follow in my footsteps, his quick, hasteful walk onward down the trembling hallways of the enormous hunter's fortress also came to a halt.

His eyes shot wide in nothing but confusion and shock to see me randomly take a pause in my hurry to Naruto's location to instead dig into my cloak's pocket.

The red-haired male scoffed. "Boss, what are you doing? Why are we stopping-"

"Give me a minute, would ya, Sasori?" I asked with a stern tone, one that lacked any effort to calm Sasori's panicked state.

He whimpered in impatience, his eyes cutting down the hall over and over as if someone was going to walk down it any minute. His hands clenched and unclenched due to his troubled nerves and he often shifted his weight side to side on each of his hips. He was ansty.

Too ansty.

I rolled my brown eyes at the sight of Sasori's pesky endeavors which I could clearly pick up in my peripheral vision. I was not amused by the fact that Sasori no longer trusted me.

Yes, I made a mistake. I tried to sacrifice a human, a defenseless teenage girl in order to drive Naruto out of our existence but I was now currently taking up Sasori's rather precarious plan to seal Naruto away and spare the girl.