Chapter 27: Happy Moments

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: +𝟷𝟾)

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: +𝟷𝟾)

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Hinata's P.O.V

"So can anyone explain to me, what's really going on here?"

My father asked as we all made our breakfast plate to eat for the morning, my hand holding on tightly to my fork.

My plate was gladly made by Hanabi who kept a smile on her face, her eyes never straying away from me.

It seems like she was internally wishing that I was here and that I'm not some dream her brain made up. But.. I always reassured her with a smile.

I was indeed, real…

And I was surely happy for that..

For this moment…

I turned back to my father as he stared at me and my friends from where we sat across from him at the long dining room table.

Father and Hanabi sat on one side while me, Temari, Ino and Sakura sat on the other side, facing them.

Temari lowered her head a bit, slowly stuffing a strip of bacon into her mouth. I did the same, just eating very slowly.

I had a hard time not to stop and grimace. It seemed as I continued to eat my sister and father's cooking, I could taste all the…

Imperfections...

It was good, don't get me wrong but, this food was garbage compared to Naruto's cooking which made me all the more sad and also…

Scared…

I tried hard not to think of him but...

He just kept coming back..

Like he's alive… and coming, for me!

"Hinata!"

My father's loud, boisterous voice filled my head and knocked me straight out of my haunting thoughts, my eyes widening.

I snapped my head up in surprise, quickly throwing up my hands to wipe away the many tears that threatened to spill from my eyes.

I sniffed. "Y-Yes, father? I'm so sorry for me being so distant. I-It was all, out of my, control." I only whimpered out which made everyone at the table frown, my father's eyes saddening at the sound of my excuse.

His shoulders fell and he pursued his lips. He glanced over at my friends before speaking once more. "I know, my child. And that, is what I want to talk about. If you would like." He spoke but I quickly shook my head, declining immediately.

It felt like the more I spoke about Naruto, the more connected I feel to him. But I have to remind myself that he's…

Dead..